iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Do you need a website that works?

Started by Jeff, March 08, 2016, 03:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'm offering to Forestry Forum members only, a website special using the template I have developed to be mobile friendly. A very important aspect in this day and age.  Let me build your website and then you can spend your time doing what you do best rather than trying to teach yourself to build a website that may or may not be very professional or productive in the end. I have a very good track record of creating websites that work well. Don't take my word for it. Ask some of our members that have taken advantage of the power of the Forestry Forum being connected to a website.

Here is the deal. $260 one time fee to build the website using our template and customizing it to suit your business, an annual charge of $20 a month x 12  for $240 for hosting, that includes our shameless commerce link to them. Very important step in getting google to rank you well. That's a total of $500 to get a custom website that works, then less than half that every year to keep it up.  You will need a domain name from www.godaddy.com. $45 for three years last I checked.

Let me know if you are seriously interested and have the time to supply me with the information needed to build the site. (It's your site, that has to come from you). I'll design it and put it all together. I'll use your logo, or, for a minimal charge will come up with something for you.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

I don't suppose these are static html sites?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

WH_Conley

Jeff built and hosts my site. I am well pleased. I have picked up business that I would have never got otherwise.
Bill

DonT

Do you accept the Canadian dollar at par?

Jeff

I am not sure what that means, but I'll certainly do a website for you if you want one. :)

WDH

Jeff built my website, hamsleyhardwood.com.   I got this e-mail today:

I just wanna say that your website is so informative and I really appreciate
that. Just getting into this business and will be making some purchases soon,
and I'll definitely be coming to you because of your site. Thanks so much, and
see you soon.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

yukon cornelius

I hope to get one this year but unfortunately its just not in the budget yet. You do great work and the sites look great. We also need the ecommerce side. The web stores we are currently using are nickel and diming us to death but are steady and established enough right now I cant see abandoning them yet. Hard business decisions  ::) Maybe later this year....
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Brucer

Jeff built my website 7 years ago and it has brought me more than enough business each year to pay for the cost of the site. The link to the Forestry Forum (which people may never see) puts my site on the first page of Google every time.

Quote from: DonT on March 08, 2016, 08:07:55 PM
Do you accept the Canadian dollar at par?

Quote from: Jeff on March 08, 2016, 08:42:11 PM
I am not sure what that means, but I'll certainly do a website for you if you want one. :)

Jeff, he's offering to pay you $500 Cdn dollars. At today's rate that would be about $370 US :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

okmulch

Jeff built my new website customwoodfibers.com in less then a week a few months ago.  I needed it up and ready for launch by the middle of January for a home and garden show we attended. This new company has many more products then just mulch and the website helps show off these products. We have had numerous customers contact us by seeing our website.
Jeff did an excellent job for us!
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

thechknhwk

How much are updates, or can it be self edited?  Like say to add pictures or link to a gallery or insert a you tube video or change text.

Jeff

Changes to existing content would be free. change out a picture, edit text, change a price or phone number etc. Anything that exists in the completed website.

New additions or new content is charged for at an hourly rate of $30 an hour with a one hour minimum.  I can do a lot in an hour, so you would want to save up changes to give me all at once.  :)

isawlogs

I would need it to be bilingual at the very least....  smiley_headscratch  Can that be arranged   ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

It could, but there would not be a way to sense the visitors language. You would need to have a link on the site where they chose to switch the language. You simply would have alternative content that would be served for the given language.  I don't think I could do it for the same price as there would have to be twice the amount of files created.  I'd think I would probably use php to serve a cookie on selection of the language so it would be remembered and then insert the correct text from the correct language files. Simply having duplicate pages in two languages would probably be search engine unfriendly.

isawlogs

I have seen some sites where it is multiple language select, some have poor ( to saye the least) translations...  :o  So what you are offering is a site with a choice of language and we would work with the writen content and not a translation from one to another ... Am-I reading that correctly.  ;)  I understand the extra cost, I ain't ready to put this together yet, but its in the plans  :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

That is correct. Translated sites using a service are not dependably accurate. To draw back from having two sets of language foes is it takes twice the effort to update.

isawlogs

I do understand that, but I am where I am..... It would need be in both French and English. So start going Français friendly...
I'll keep calling and leaving some breadcrums of French on your phone... Someday you will be either close, home or not busy and we'll talk some .  :D

Marcel

Peter Drouin

Jeff did mine and I get calls all the time. Come in on my G mail. And going with the FF web I'm right on top of the list on google. I pay him one fee for the  year.
The best money I have spent.

The power of the forum.  8) 8) 8) 8) Good job Boss.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

jmouton

ya know ,,, jeff we talked to you about doing a website a couple of yrs ago ,and we were lazy about gettin it done ,   so  maybe now is the time,,,  i have free time  until the frost laws are off , so  what do we need to do to get started ?   we need to grow and not stay stagnant  , 

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Tam-i-am

I think you all know Jeff does the Logrite, Bluecreeper and Rite Leg websites
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

WDH

Most times I have to search around on a website to find a telephone#.  On this site, it jumps out at you!

Very well done, Boss.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

when I go to the website , there's a pic over the words, I can't read it all.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Where at on the website, what picture, and what are you viewing the website on?

isawlogs

I really like the layout opens quick, nice and clean. I also like that the contact number is there and no hunting required  ;D

Marcel

isawlogs

Danny
   I went and looked at yours also.  8)  Oh.... you need to do some updates on the mill  ;D

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 20, 2016, 07:39:26 AM
when I go to the website , there's a pic over the words, I can't read it all.

Have you tried glasses? I didn't see anything wrong. :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on March 20, 2016, 07:14:09 AM
Most times I have to search around on a website to find a telephone#.  On this site, it jumps out at you!

Very well done, Boss.

I agree. Also that is probably one of the best marketing phrases I read in a while:
"A neighborhood Sawmill". Love it!

Peter Drouin

I'm on my Windows 7 laptop.
I click on the web thing in this thread and the first page comes up with the pic to far left to see all the words. Maybe it's my computer. I don't know.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Not enough info.  Are you using internet explorer or  firefox, or chrome?

thecfarm

I had the same problem,internet explorer here
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Can you tell me what version?  Look under the help tab.  I've had about 25 people and 6 different systems here of our own with 18 different browser versions show no problems. IE sucks sometimes. Many times. MOST of the time. ;) 

Dave Shepard

Looks great! Works fine on Android.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

I click onto help and it said internet explorer 9. Thanks for making it easy for me to find it.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Quote from: isawlogs on March 20, 2016, 08:58:07 AM
Oh.... you need to do some updates on the mill  ;D

Marcell,

Yes Sir, You are right  :).

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

WmFritz

Quote from: Dave Shepard on March 20, 2016, 06:04:50 PM
Looks great! Works fine on Android.

x2

I almost want to start a business just to get a website built by Jeff. Maybe 'Ye Olde Snowmobile Parts Exchange.' I'd have one happy wife if the garage got cleaned out.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WmFritz on March 20, 2016, 08:51:29 PM

I'd have one happy wife if the garage got cleaned out.  ;D

:D :D :D

4x4American

I like my shameless commerce one but I want to upgrade to a more fuller website in the future.  Especially since I'm in the process of setting up a stationary setup and kind of steering away from portable work.  Still alot to figure out on my end.  I like Danny's site a lot.   smiley_thumbsup
Boy, back in my day..

Jeff

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 20, 2016, 08:24:07 PM
Google Chrome

After thinking about this for awhile, I am almost sure that the two of you with this issue are having this issue not because of the website, but because you have your text zoomed in your browsers so you can see. There isn't a reason in the world that I can find in that code to cause your issues in any browser, but it sure could be caused by your modifying the webpage via your own computer and blowing up the formatting because you zoomed your text.   I'd ask that you try to go to view/zoom, or where ever your browser has the text size zoom command, and set it to normal and try the page.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Mine is set at 100. With good glasses no need to make it bigger.  ;D
I went down to 75% no charge,50% same thing. Than up to 125% no diffeance.150% the picture moved down and right above the 3 pictures on the bottom.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

thecfarm

Maybe because we don't eat grits.  ;D

isawlogs

Was at the store earlier ths week and asked about some grit... was asked if I wanted fine or coarse, well, I thought I was going to at least give them a second try.... I told him I was told that the fine was best, low and behold he took off and came back with ... a bag of sand.  ;D 

Marcel

WDH

Don't eat that with the sausage  ;D. 

Jeff

Quote from: thecfarm on March 21, 2016, 07:50:50 PM
Mine is set at 100. With good glasses no need to make it bigger.  ;D
I went down to 75% no charge,50% same thing. Than up to 125% no diffeance.150% the picture moved down and right above the 3 pictures on the bottom.

There is a difference between zooming the page and zooming the text.

thecfarm

4x4American

Quote from: isawlogs on March 21, 2016, 08:14:18 PM
Was at the store earlier ths week and asked about some grit... was asked if I wanted fine or coarse, well, I thought I was going to at least give them a second try.... I told him I was told that the fine was best, low and behold he took off and came back with ... a bag of sand.  ;D

Now all you need is a witch and you'll have lunch  ;D
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

My zoom for the size of the letters is in standard size. I went to 4x4 and WDH web site and all was ok. I'll have my grandson Dylan look at my Windows 7 laptop.
Maybe I should know more about this computer thing.

I was never on a computer before I was on this forum. Ann is a lot better than me on this thing.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

pine

With Firefox there is an option under the "View" drop down to "Zoom text only".  If that is checked then when you zoom or shrink only the text changes size.  If you uncheck the "Zoom text only" option then the entire frame zooms or shrinks.

I was able to duplicate the problem/issue with Firefox by clicking "Zoom text only" and then zooming. 

Not sure about Chrome or IE but if using Firefox then verify that the "Zoom text only" option is not checked.

Hope that helps you guys with the issue.

thecfarm

Well there,I learned something to day. You was right Jeff.  ;D  Between what you said and Peter,I found it. Never even knew it was there. I made the text size smaller. Never knew I could do that.  ::)  Took me a minute to find it,but once I found it,I knew you was right.

Brucer

I was digging through some old correspondence I had with Jeff 7 years ago about my Shameless Commerce link. I found this exchange with my son-in-law, who was working out of town at the time.

Me:
"Could you check my new site out for me? Pretend you don't know the name of the business. Try to find businesses in this region that can build you a timber frame house, or saw custom timbers for you, or will bring a portable sawmill to your property.

This page has been up for less than 6 hours."

SIL:
"I have been testing several searches. You have been on several first pages from my searches. I will be doing more to test. Pretty impressive the connection to the forestry forum."
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!