iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

dust pipe

Started by dustyhat, March 07, 2016, 09:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustyhat

Did not know right where to ask this but its for my mill so. looking at grizzly tools 4 inch  flexible dust hose. wondering if any body used it, they have three diff kinds , kindof like the flex hose because it retracts. but what do you all use. kind of getting tired of the old corrugated drain pipe ,just to stiff . yep im trying to upgrade :D

Kbeitz

I've handled a lot of Grizzlys stuff. Some people hate the new hose Grizzly sells because it retracts.
It does not want to stay where you put it. But you cant beat the clear stuff. I think it's the best of
the best.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

YellowHammer

Yep, I don't like the self retracting kind, I use the flexible corrugated gray from HF.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

dustyhat

Thanks for you guys input.

Larry

I get it from Wynn Environmental.  Even there cheapest hose is better than all the others.  You have a bunch of choices based on what you are using it for.  All sizes in stock.

I needed 12" length of 7" diameter hose to hook up my blower to my main trunk line on the dust collector.  No problem, they looked around and found a short cut off for me.  Charged for 12"....try that at HF or Grizzly. :D

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

reswire

Quote from: dustyhat on March 07, 2016, 09:23:58 PM
Did not know right where to ask this but its for my mill so. looking at grizzly tools 4 inch  flexible dust hose. wondering if any body used it, they have three diff kinds , kindof like the flex hose because it retracts. but what do you all use. kind of getting tired of the old corrugated drain pipe ,just to stiff . yep im trying to upgrade :D
Darn!  I just bought the corrugated drain pipe for my new dust collector install... you guys drive me crazy with the improvements ;D ;D  Guess I have to checkout Wynn Environmentals... 8)
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

pineywoods

I use six inch metal stove pipe with short pieces of flex where a bend is needed. The hose eventually rips and tears, but the metal lasts forever....
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

flyboy16101

I bought the dust collector pipe at menard's it has held up good so far, knock on wood. And the price wasn't too bad. To connect them I used the plastic corrugated pipe connectors with heavy zip ties
Wood-mizer Lt35, International 504 w/ loader, Hough HA Payloader, Stihl Ms290, Ms660, LogRite Cant Hook

YellowHammer

Just remember that when using flex pipe it's extremely important to install a ball swivel in the line, to take up the twisting of the pipe as the mill traverses back and forth.  The ball swivel takes a tremendous amount of stress off the flex line, and will help it last much longer. 

I used to use the corrugated plastic drain pipe, but it really adds a lot of head loss to the suction, and also, at least in my setup, caused a bit of loud audible resonance, making the pipe sound like a horn. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

dustyhat

Just to let you guys know ,i got the clear pipe from grizzly and the ball swivel ,seems to be working pretty good, i do like the see through pipe .you can watch the dust go up . and see the dust struggling when theres a problem. just wanted to holler back.

Thank You Sponsors!