iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Open House vs Owners Day

Started by Chuck White, March 04, 2016, 08:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

When I can only make one, which would "normally" be more beneficial/educational/fun/worthwhile?

Due to distance & timing I can only make one of them in Hannibal!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

4x4American

My guess would be owner's day, because you're an owner, and it sounds like they designed that day more for people like you, whereas open house is prolly more geared towards turning non-owners into owners.  I've not once been to the Hannibal location, might be a good opportunity to go see the faces of the voices I hear over the phone lol
Boy, back in my day..

thecfarm

A phone call will answer that question and leave you with no doubt and what to expect.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

I'm thinking about going, but not sure which one to go to either. Probably one that isn't on a weekday.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Chuck White

Well, I guess I'll try to go on the 29th!

Owners Day - Fri, Apr 29th, Open House - Sat, Apr 30th.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

John S

I have gone to owners day at Marty Parsons location.  They are well planned seminars that go over information important to owners (different blades, maintenance, alignment etc.).  You receive a binder, have some lectures and then sawmill demos.  Sometimes they do some quarter sawing.  Barry or Jeremy from Hannibal usually are also in attendance.  I always learn something (quite often something that I was doing incorrectly).
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

4x4American

Chuck did they mention what time it starts?

Boy, back in my day..

Chuck White

Yup, Owners Day, Friday, Apr 29th 7:30 - 4:00

Open House, Saturday, Apr 30th 8:00 - 3:00

Wood-Mizer, Hannibal 315-564-5722.

larrydown60

I don't own a Wood Mizer. Would I still be able to attend I WOULD LIKE TO MEET SOME OF YOU GUYS. I have been reading and learning from for about a year now. Hopefully I can get my mill finished by the end of April I will be posting pics as soon as we start welding things up. Hopefully  I can attend and meet you guys

Chuck White

I really don't see why not!

Anyone attending should learn something by observing or asking questions.

red

A spy or imposter ?  Never get past security members photo ID and secret handshake required.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!