iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stumped with string attached.. Safety warning

Started by timberlinetree, March 04, 2016, 06:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Rings aren't good at all :) 
  Gloves can be bad too.  The sawyer/partner/owner at a local mill lost some fingers adjusting the head saw guides with gloves on.  The saw caught a bit of the loose fitting leather glove and pulled his hand in.  The paramedics dug around in the sawdust pile and recovered them but the surgeons couldn't reinstall them.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

AfraidChocker

Years ago rings were bad enough, but today they are really bad. I admit I wear one and it is the "in style one for guys"; tungsten carbide. Look at ring fingers and it is a very popular style of ring. Most Fast Squads carry bolt cutters for just such occasions, but while they can easily cut gold, they cannot cut tungsten carbide!
As a sheep farmer, I have no intentions of arriving at the pearly gates in a well preserved body, rather I am going to slide into heaven sideways with my Kubota tractor, kick the manure out of my muck boots, and loudly proclaim, "Whoo Hoo, another Sheppard has just arrived!"

AfraidChocker

Of course who does not remember the story of Yussif the Turk who wrestled with Strangler Lewis and won a whopping $5000...a lot of money in the 1950's. The guy insisted he be paid in gold, had it stuffed into his prize belt and refused to take it off until he got home to Europe. On his way home the ship he was on floundered, he panicked, jumped overboard towards a life raft, missed, and immediately sank to the bottom. I think his story was more about greed than tungsten-carbide versus gold, but it cost him his life.
As a sheep farmer, I have no intentions of arriving at the pearly gates in a well preserved body, rather I am going to slide into heaven sideways with my Kubota tractor, kick the manure out of my muck boots, and loudly proclaim, "Whoo Hoo, another Sheppard has just arrived!"

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

47sawdust

Just this afternoon my wife snagged her ring as she was coming in the door to the house.She said to me,"Now I know why you don't wear a ring"
46 years as a carpenter and all were and will be ring less.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

AfraidChocker

I would like to leave my wedding band off, but even being a logger I am not sure I could swing a big stick enough to beat off all the woman that would think I was now available.

Of course if you believe that then you believe Paul Bunyon and Babe the Blue Ox stories as well, and you certainly have not seen my triple chin, balding head, bum knee, bad back and dilapidated elbow! What my wife sees in me now I will never know!

Corley5

You don't believe in Paul and Babe  :o ::) :( :( :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sandsawmill14

i quit wearing my ring when a neighbor jump off a truck bed hauling hauling hay and lost his finger :( i did manage to get my watch band into a live panel board buss bar one time :o so now i dont wear any jewelry at all :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Jeff

Wev'e got old babe tracks right here is Harrison. Its part of what helped create our town motto of "Twenty Lakes in Twenty Minutes". 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!