iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drive up ATM

Started by Jim_Rogers, March 02, 2016, 09:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

At times I even get a hug from my favorite credit union teller when I go in on Fridays to get cash for the coming week. :)  Lets see the ATM do that.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

justallan1

This thread is going to get a bunch funnier when you post the pic of one of these ladies trying to mace you for taking their picture at the ATM.
If one of these ladies sees you taking their picture they don't know if you're a robber or a pervert. I want to hear what you tell the cops. :D

TimRB

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on March 02, 2016, 08:03:34 PM
Two days in a row.....

I can't believe it happened to me again.

Let me see if I've got this straight.  If someone drives up and uses the ATM, everything's fine.  But if someone drives up, gets out of their car and uses the ATM, it's going to ruin your life.  I think that's about it, right?

Tim

Cedarman

If I took a picture of our pretty tellers and my wife found them on my phone, I would not be allowed to go to the bank anymore.  Just have to keep going back to refresh my memory.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

4x4American

Quote from: Engineer on March 02, 2016, 05:22:23 PM
Been more than once I've driven up to an ATM and some fool had decided to go through backwards so that his passenger could use the ATM without exiting the car. I always hope someone else is behind me so that they have to back out and figure out how to get out of the way.

I've done that a few times.  With my grandmother who has a hard time walking, with a friend just for fun, and once in a right side drive car...I don't see what the big deal is..like that comedian said, you drive up to a machine and it gives you money, what are you complaining about! lol
Boy, back in my day..

luvmexfood

I like it when you go to an ATM to get some money and it tells you to take your cash.  :D
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: TimRB on March 03, 2016, 11:43:18 PM
Two days in a row.....

Let me see if I've got this straight.  If someone drives up and uses the ATM, everything's fine.  But if someone drives up, gets out of their car and uses the ATM, it's going to ruin your life.  I think that's about it, right?

Tim

Tim:
My point is that this isn't the only ATM at this bank. There is parking lot and an ATM on the other side of the bank. It's a walk up ATM. You have to drive by both of them to get here to then use this "drive up" ATM.

Why can't they go to the one on the other side of the bank instead of using this one?

It won't take them any longer and it makes using the "drive up" one easier for all who want to just drive up and do their business. There are signs on this "drive up" that says it's a "drive up" only.
Another point is that there is a sign right there saying that's it's a "drive up" ATM.  It's like parking next to a sign that says "no parking" some people just don't get it. Can't they read?

It's not ruining my life, I just thought that it was funny to see some walk up to a "drive up" ATM. And then to have it happen two days in a row, was even funnier.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WH_Conley

I don't use the ATM or window. I agree with Cedarman. Those girls inside are pretty and friendly. Not that I would pay any attention to that. ::)
Bill

Corley5

One of the branches I use has a drive up and a walk up in the airlock/vestibule going in.  I rarely go into the bank although the tellers are cute  ;)  Anyway the drive up machine was out of service one day and I went in to do what I had to do and made a comment about the machine being down.  They pointed out the 2nd machine that I walked right by going in.  They told me it'd been there over year when I asked when it was put in  ;D
  I'd be careful taking pics of people at ATMs.  Good way to have a meeting with the police  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sandhills

I totally agree with luvmexfood here, I always shout at my wife I'm a winner I'm a winner!  :D

Ljohnsaw

Two days in a row.....

I need to download that app that lets you take a picture of your check to deposit it.....

Jim Rogers
This is a pretty funny thread - thanks for starting it.  You must be doing good business to have to hit the bank two days in a row! 8)  I don't have a business, so if I go to the bank (including ATMs located in the middle of a parking lot) more than once a month, that is a lot!  I have direct deposit of my pension check and such and I use my credit card for nearly all transaction to earn cash back. 

There is only one employee-owned grocery store that does not accept CCs so I use my ATM card and get cash back there.  Funny story there.  The clerks will hit the "atm" button on their console when you swipe your card (since they don't accept credit  cards and to make the line move quicker).  There isn't even a choice for CCs.  One lady was swiping her ATM visa card and it would jump to "enter your pin".  She kept hitting "cancel" and swiping again and again.  The clerk asked her what was wrong and the lady was very upset that it didn't let her hit the ATM button.  When the clerk said she was doing it, the lady got even more irate!  ::)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

I see no harm done.  Two ladies backsides and the car tags were scrubbed out.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ljohnsaw

I went back and looked, yep, license plates blocked.  Good job.  Did you notice the bollard pole?  Looks like someone hit it trying to get close to the keypad!  I think the lady's arms are just too short to reach the keypad from inside their cars ;)  Personally, I would be worried that some scum is waiting for the cash to pop out and they would run through and grab it.  You would be stuck inside your car because your door is blocked.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: ljohnsaw on March 04, 2016, 12:37:56 PM
Personally, I would be worried that some scum is waiting for the cash to pop out and they would run through and grab it.  You would be stuck inside your car because your door is blocked.

You can't fit between my car and the machine when I'm at it, that's for sure.

Jim Rogers

PS. I need to download that app so I don't have to go to the bank at all to deposit.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Magicman

I am needing to make some of that "depositing" money.  ;D  This soggy weather has my customers playing the waiting/drying out game.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

elk42

You best do it on Monday because they are show rain Tuesday to Sunday next
week here. :'(
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Magicman

I talked with my next customer this afternoon and everything looks postponed.   :-\

Chuck White

Postponed is usually better than cancelled!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Roxie

Yesterday I went to my banks drive-up ATM.  I pulled up as close as my van permitted.  When I tried to put my card in the slot, I couldn't reach it without opening the door and putting my left leg on the ground to get closer. 

I am exactly average height for a woman in the U.S. at 5' 5".  Those women can not reach the ATM. 
Say when

sandhills

Well I don't know about that Roxie but you sure look a lot younger than 63 in your picture  ;), what a doll you have there!

Roxie

Say when

Thank You Sponsors!