iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

362 c-m long bar

Started by DelawhereJoe, February 29, 2016, 09:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DelawhereJoe

I was wondering if anyone has run a 362 c-m with a 32"+ bar cutting poplar. I know its "not recommended" to run over a 25" bar but was interested to see if anyone has.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

skipster

i tried a 24 on mine,swapping from a 20,and noticed a definite loss in power.
These saws love to rev,and dont seem to have the low end.

Dave H.

why the need for a long bar? cutting from both sides cuts down the length by half,so an 18" would cut 36
inches.

DelawhereJoe

Trying to make only one straight cut on a very large poplar, so I can finish hollowing it out, in hopes of turning it into a natural bee hive.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Greyhound

I wouldn't do it.  Probably won't get enough oil on the bar.  Consider renting a bigger saw for a day if this is a one-time (or rare) occurrence.

SawTroll

I am sure it sort of works (with skip chain), but oiling may well be a serious issue.

Generally you likely are better off with an 18 - 20" bar, and cutting from both sides - but there are situations when that isn't possible.

Information collector.

HolmenTree

Alot of money  and trouble spent just to make a few cuts in one tree.
My advice if you may have use for the 32 in the future after the poplar. While you're cutting with the 32 on the 362, periodically spray the bar and chain with a can of Fluid Film.
You'd  be surprised how that helps reduces the friction on the b/c and chain speed goes up.
Slick 50 works good too.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

logeeland

The oiler would never keep up. I agree, borrow a bigger saw for that day of use.
Stihl Fan, 036, 361,361, 038 Magnum II, and a MS441

Thank You Sponsors!