The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: cat trucks  (Read 2270 times)

Offline low_48

Re: cat trucks
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 10:19:50 am »
As far as I am concerned, the federal agencies that regulate the environment and food are some of the most important agencies we have. We let companies do what they wanted to do with waste before. You know, the days when rivers caught fire!
We had to take classes at Caterpillar so we all understood how to be good employees. Some every year, some every 3. These classes covered subjects like ethics, compliance to laws and regulations, reporting non-compliance, employee interactions, and a nearly endless list. It just felt odd to read situations like the tax shelter deal right after taking some of those classes. Just like it felt odd to get a $5,000 bonus when the CEO got a $12,000,000 one. I worked there for the stability for my family. It was a career of mental conflict from nearly day one.

Offline OH logger

• livin the dream
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 11:23:53 am »
 Just like it felt odd to get a $5,000 bonus when the CEO got a $12,000,000 one.

the $5,000 dollar bonus sounds a lot better than none ;)
john

Offline Gary_C

• Senior Member x2
  • Sunrise on the Prairie
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 11:40:30 am »
As far as the taxes I can't blame them.       If a manufacturer moves somewhere with low regulations and taxes I don't blame them.

You must not have read the story that was posted. Cat did not move any operations to Switzerland to avoid paying taxes. They just moved the accounting.

There are no Caterpillar parts manufacturing, warehousing, or distribution facilities in Switzerland. There are 8,300 Caterpillar parts employees worldwide—only about 65 work in Switzerland.
Yet, the committee report said, from 2000 to 2012—Caterpillar booked more than 85 percent of the profits from the parts division on its books in Switzerland.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.