iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any pool shooters on here

Started by slider, February 28, 2016, 08:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

Check out the new Somonis 860 cloth on the 9ft gandy.My neighbor came by yesterday and covered it while sharing his skill with me.

al glenn

drobertson

I enjoy shooting a game, don't have one here, that would be nice,, and the re-cover looks great!  I like the big tables like that one, these 9' tables would humble  me after shooting on the little 8' quarter tables.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

r.man

I play, but not well. Nice table.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Kipper

I learned how to play on a 9ft Diamond with Simonis cloth, speed rails and pockets shimmed to accept only 1 1/2
balls. It was a man eater of a table but you had to play almost perfect to beat it. I could play pool all day everyday but couldn't accept the lifestyle that came with it. Maybe one day I will buy a table to have at the house, nice table you have though.

LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

Sixacresand

Quote from: Kipper on February 28, 2016, 09:47:47 AM
I could play pool all day everyday but couldn't accept the lifestyle that came with it.
One of the reasons I never took up shooting pool.  Slider, try not to get "hustled" at your table.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

slider

Kipper if you learned to shoot on a table with those shimmed pockets and fast cloth there is no doubt you learned the game well from the start.
I shoot on a tight 9 footer occasionally and it is a challenge no doubt.
This old gandy is not a fancy table but with new 66 rails and 860 cloth she shoots well.The pockets are not well buckets but just tight enough to enjoy it with out driving you nuts.
If you are looking for a table watch cl.I have seen some great deals.Most of the time when someone is moving.
al glenn

slider

Six i would be lying if i said that has not happened but i am a sucker for a game of 3 dollar 9 ball.
al glenn

DonT

That's a nice set up. I Grew up playing on a basement table at my Uncles. Graduated to the local pool halls, cost of the table was $4 an hour. Smoke was so thick some nights you had to sit down to get a break from it.Most of the tables in this part of the world where Brunswicks.

Kipper

Slider, it was a blessing and a curse. One of the guys who taught me to play told me "if you can run this table there isn't a table that you can't win on". What he didn't tell me is almost all of the other tables I would play on would not be that fast, tight and predictable. I thoroughly enjoyed playing everyday though but found that I had to in order to stay "in stroke" then life would get in the way and I had to make grown up decisions.

I look on CL every now and then I am kind of set in my ways that I would only have a 9ft table and would like a nicer one, luckily the wife has told me I can get one when ever I want. I guess I am just a little picky and not exactly sure where I would put it.

Don, the smoke would get to me to. There were times I would get a sore through so bad I would eat bags of the flavored cough drops to keep my throat out of pain.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

slider

Kipper there is a company called Main home recreations that sells tables and supplies that has a great website.He has a list of different tables in alphabetical order listing there used value and their rating as to how well they are built.Very interesting info.
I just missed a 5000 dollar peter valente table a while back that went for 975.The guy was moving and had to make a quick sale.
al glenn

Holmes

I have a 9' table in my basement, put it in in 1990.  I played regularly on it for 15 years now I shot just a few times a year.  I think my longest run was 27 balls but now i'm lucky to get 3 in a row. It is fun .
Think like a farmer.

woodworker9

Nice.  I had an 8' Gandy in my former home, but sold it to the people who bought the house.  Never should of done that.  Great tables.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

LeeB

I played a lot of pool in my day but haven't picked up a cue in quite some time. Probably for the best. I don't need to be running the bar scene any more. May be a good thing there are no bars around where I live. I too would like to have a table and the wife is all for it but no where to put it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!