iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Laugh for the Night

Started by GaTrapper, February 25, 2016, 09:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaTrapper

Here is yalls laugh for the night. Fast forward the video to 45 seconds.  ;D ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgyQQGPZwrk

Ivan49

I bet the sparks flew when he hit that metal in that black spot with his saw

r.man

I have never seen anyone swing a maul from resting at their back. I don't think I could do it safely.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

sandsawmill14

did you guys notice the footwear :o :o :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

coxy

must have figured that if he got his skinny butt off the ground that extra 90lbs of weight would help split it :D :D   and never seen anyone split wood with an ax or maul from the butt(big) end to small end

sandsawmill14

especially white oak i do split from big end but some trees do better from the top i just hit it a couple licks and if it dont give in turn it over and try from the other end :) next time i get a hard one i might get in the truck bed and jump out to try his method :D :D i cant jump very high any other way now  ;D guess the years are catching up with me ::)  but i think i will stick with my boots though instead of sandals ;) :D :D :D

btd

Things I would do different
1. Steel toe boots
2. No jumping
3. Try taking a couple slabs off the side
4. Roll it off to the side when the first few whacks don't do anything.
But that's just me

doctorb

Ergonomically challenged!   ;D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

york

Splitting wood with girl shoes on????
Albert

sawguy21

I almost spit my coffee watching him dance. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

GaTrapper

The little flick of the leg at 54 seconds because a leaf/stick got under his toe had me rolling as well as the labeling with the strength of his hits.

Ljohnsaw

Clearly failed High School Physics... :D  What about that welded steel handle - that has got to fatigue your arms/wrists quick!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

goose63

That's why God gave me enough brains to use this

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

TimRB

Quote from: goose63 on February 26, 2016, 01:27:16 PM
That's why God gave me enough brains to use this

I friend of mine once repaired a splitter and, since I had a pile of wood to deal with, loaned it to me to give it a good shakedown.  It was my first experience with a hydraulic splitter.  After about a minute, I said "I gotta get me one of these."  I think I do still have a maul someplace.

Edit:  I guess if you're enough of a granola head to wear Birkenstocks while splitting wood, you would never dream of using evil engine-driven machinery.

Tim

rjwoelk

Would help to have that head a little sharper.
Did some guiding a number of years ago the group we took broke 4 axe handles. Over extended the arms on the down swing and hit the handle behind the head on the log. This was after several demos on how to do it and after every broken handle. Some folks never get it
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

sandsawmill14

some folks are just plain smiley_whacko but very funny ;D ;D ;D

spyder68

A lot of work for one piece of wood.

tree-farmer

In the words of my dad, "dang boy, it makes me tired just to watch you". :D
Hope this guy gets better with practice, other wise he will freeze before spring....
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

CTYank

Quote from: rjwoelk on February 26, 2016, 04:38:16 PM
Would help to have that head a little sharper.
Did some guiding a number of years ago the group we took broke 4 axe handles. Over extended the arms on the down swing and hit the handle behind the head on the log. This was after several demos on how to do it and after every broken handle. Some folks never get it

Most definitely. Some folks think that a splitting tool does not need a sharp edge, some really well-informed and respected folks included. This gent mostly needs to break out a disc-grinder and go to work on that tool. I've done such for a variety of mauls; they work enormously better with edges.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

LittleJohn

...where is the dynamite ??

SwampDonkey

I had to split a big old maple with a maul and wedge. No way I can handle a 36" wide round onto a splitter and I never had a vertical type splitter. I did split any I could load. ;D Anyway I got 2 cord off that old maple.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!