iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT 15 ....log dogs

Started by doug olsen, February 24, 2016, 09:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug olsen

Hi guys, the only thing new about this TOPIC, would be ME cuz I'm sure others have had this problem with the log clamps, on the lt 15. This unit is not new by manufactured date but had hardly been used when I bought it this summer
Regardless, after having sawed up maybe a dozen logs, the dog will not stay up, prior to snugging up to log and camming the lever. Like this unit is almost new.
Have any of you guys come up with a fix for this.?  Apparently there have been several "products improvements" to these clamps, in the last while, none of which are "warranty" hahaha...
LT 15/portable trlr., 580 Case hoe/thumb, JD 570 Skidsteer (bkn.) 500 Rubicon quad

Magicman

Can't help you but Welcome to the Forestry Forum, doug olsen.  Someone will come along with LT15 experience.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doug olsen

Thank you MM,
Am really impressed with the info available onsite and am looking forward to probably spending the rest of the nite here... hahaha
LT 15/portable trlr., 580 Case hoe/thumb, JD 570 Skidsteer (bkn.) 500 Rubicon quad

rjwoelk

Hi Doug pm me and I can give you a call and we can talk about it . I have lt15 I have the clamps from 2012. Did get some new stile on the new extensions but sent them back.and got the old ones.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Jemclimber

Hi Doug,   look at the clamps and make sure the lever is not missing a spring and make sure that that (Tom) same lever is straight.  If a heavy log gets rolled on it while it is up it will get bent and not want to hold. DAMHIKT  The lever I'm referring to is the one that is pulled up to raise or lower the clamping bar.
lt15

Sixacresand

I had clamp problems on a LT10 and converted to the clamp used on a lt15. One thing I learned was to not to clamp too hard.  And once I got a flat side down on the bunks, I did not bother with the clamp.

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

doug olsen

Quote from: Jemclimber on February 25, 2016, 07:38:00 AM
Hi Doug,   look at the clamps and make sure the lever is not missing a spring and make sure that that (Tom) same lever is straight.  If a heavy log gets rolled on it while it is up it will get bent and not want to hold. DAMHIKT  The lever I'm referring to is the one that is pulled up to raise or lower the clamping bar.

Thx Jemclimber, that is exactly what it was - bent lever- and all the time I thought that was the way it was made cuz the other one is bent as well but was still working fine....but then, what do I know.....Thx again JC.....doug

Jemclimber

Mine have been reshaped to almost straight more that a few times.  I cut quite a few logs that the saw head barely squeaks by on both sides (~32"-33") and when a big log rolls it is very rude and has no consideration for a clamp that was not lowered.   :-\
lt15

WDH

Big logs can be like that, having no considerations for the nicety of things  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!