iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sealing connection under ground

Started by xlogger, February 24, 2016, 06:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

I hook up another zone from my boiler to a wood kiln last week. At the end of the thermopex where I put a connection for a 90° turn up the back wall of the kiln it is going to be under ground about 6" once I cover it up with dirt or rocks. I was thinking about boxing it in and using some kind of spray foam to fill up around it to keep dirt and water off crimps. But would be the best to do with this?
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

thecfarm

No way to just dig down and make a big curve to go up the building?
If not,I would use sand for a fill.But I guess you don't have the freezing of the ground to move things around either.  ;D  Could you put a piece of plastic drain pipe over it?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandsawmill14

x2 on something easy to remove because sooner or later you will have to get to it and that spray foam is almost impossible to get off so you can make another connection if necessary :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

xlogger

Once it ever quits raining I'll clean it up around the connection and fill the area up with sand and maybe covering it to keep soil out. Maybe that will keep the pex crimpers from rusting away. thanks for the info.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Dave Shepard

Insulated pex requires a huge radius to bend to a 90. I'd probably make a boot out of an old inner tube and film it with foam. Or something cheesy like that. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!