iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got stuck today, almost didnt get out - poor old girl!

Started by lshobie, February 23, 2016, 09:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lshobie

No frost in the ground this year, hauling a load of cherry and sunk to the belly, swapped the cable to the low rollers and just barely got out - poor thing could barely turn the tracks in that stuff.

John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

David-L

Wow, glad your out. Rode my snowmobile once. so much for winter.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

thecfarm

I have a place like that too. Well more than one really.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HiTech

Yes...you were lucky. With that soft stuff sometimes you can't even push yourself with the bucket. Nice looking crawler/loader.

Gearbox

WOW You didn't have anything in front of you to get a chain on to help with the bucket .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

47sawdust

Glad you got her out.Would have been bad news for her to freeze in place.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

lshobie

Quote from: Gearbox on February 24, 2016, 07:52:15 PM
WOW You didn't have anything in front of you to get a chain on to help with the bucket .

i had one big old balsam fir behind me and a 12 inch cherry tree......had to use the fir tree of course.  Nothing in front.
John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

lshobie

Escavader

Buried my new kubota Sunday noon it had thawed enough but just had to have that last twitch farmi wouldn't even pull me out just pulled blade deeper. 2 comes longs and 4 hours later I freed it ground is not froze under snow
Alan Bickford
Hammond lumber company/Yates American A20 planer with dbl profilers Newman feed table multiple saw trimmer destacker automatic stacking machine Baker resaw MS log corner machine  4 large capacity Nyles dehumidification kilns JCB 8000 lb forklifts woodmizer lt 15 and mp100 and blower

Ed_K

When I stick one like that I cut a few 6" poles and chain to the tire chains or thru the rims and use the poles to lift the tractor out of being stuck.
Yrs ago we walked a JD 850 dozer thru a stock tank that was silted in and the op don't even know he was crossing till it turned to mud. We welded rings inside the tracks for any future mishaps.
Ed K

whitepine2

Quote from: Ed_K on March 03, 2016, 07:07:02 PM
When I stick one like that I cut a few 6" poles and chain to the tire chains or thru the rims and use the poles to lift the tractor out of being stuck.
Yrs ago we walked a JD 850 dozer thru a stock tank that was silted in and the op don't even know he was crossing till it turned to mud. We welded rings inside the tracks for any future mishaps.

Yup done that with a D-8 Cat,cut small tree and changed it to tracks and backed it right out. Have done it with tractor but more dangerous gotta be careful with clutch or
you could end up with a head ache.

711ac

Just looking at your pic gave me that "uh oh feeling" in my belly! :o

Thank You Sponsors!