iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

JD 450B Don't want to quit running

Started by Ford_man, February 21, 2016, 10:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_man

Last summer a mouse nest caught fire in the dash of my 450. I replaced all the wiring with O.E.M. Wire harness and had it working like it should. Parked in my heated shop ready for snow removal. I started it last night backed it out of the shop , when I turned the key to shut it off it kept on running. I took the wire off the injector pump to kill it. Now it will not crank. smiley_tom_dizzy02

kiko

A bad diode in the alt exciter circuit will power up the fuel pump solonoid and keep the engine running after key switch is off.  Plug the fuel pump wire back in and unplug or take off the exciter wire to the alternator and see if it will cut by the key switch.  It won't crank now even with the fuel pump wire hooked up?

Plankton

Don't know any john deere particulars but is your ignition switch or wires coming off of it bad?

Ford_man

Switch and wires are all new. I do have it running now it was a rusty nut on the amp meter. I had 12V on the post but only 7V in the wire coming off the post. It starts  and shuts off like it should now.

Thanks everybody

47sawdust

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

711ac

Thought that the mice may have moved right back in :D

Thank You Sponsors!