iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Condolences to Furby and his family...

Started by Paschale, October 18, 2004, 09:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

Furby made brief mention in the midst of a response to some questions in another thread that his grandfather sadly passed away Sunday night.    :'(  I was afraid that might get lost amidst the many threads on the forum, so I thought I'd post it here, so we could all lend Furby a little support, our prayers and our condolences.

We're all thinkin' of you and your family, Furby.   :-[
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

redpowerd

im sorry furby, your family will be in my prayers
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

chet

Sorry to hear of your Grandfathers passing, may great memories ease your sorrow.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

isawlogs

sorry to hear that your grand-dad passed away .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WH_Conley

Bill

Woodcarver

Sorry to hear of your loss. You are in our prayers.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

CHARLIE

Please accept my sympathy for the passing of your Grandfather.  May our prayers give you and your family the strength needed to get through this difficult time.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DanG

I'm sorry to hear that news, Furby.  I lost both of my Grandpas when I was a child. I think I missed a lot of what might have been. I did hang on to one Grandma till I was well into my forties, though. We built some great memories together. I hope it was the same with you and your Grandpa!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sandmar

Sorry for your loss Furby. Although  he may be gone in flesh,as long as he lives in your heart,he will always be with you. May peace come to your whole family.

Sandmar

Furby

Thanks!

I lost both my granparents on my father's side when I was little. Been lucky to have the time I did with this grandpa. I do feel for my younger brothers, sisters, and cousins who didn't have that time with him.
A large portion of what I know, came from my grandpa. I was his right hand man, and he always had something to teach me. He was my "go to" guy, when I couldn't figure something out. In most cases just talking something over with him would help me form the solution in my head.

As much as he is missed, I'm happy he no longer has to deal with the things of this earth anymore.

bull

Furby, sorry for your loss. remember what he taught you and be reminded that he will always be there right beside you.
I lost my paternal grandfather when I was 14 and miss him every dad but remember what he taught me and when i forget i can still feel the boot. I lost my Maternal grandfaather just 2 years ago, he was my best friend and we spent alot of time
 together. Don't ever forget your elders, they are who made you what you are.  God Bless . :Bull

sigidi

Hey Furby I hope things go easy for you in the close future, nothing worser than losing some of those great resources like grandparents - we can't ever get the info back, so be sure to remember all you can for his sake.
Always willing to help - Allan

EZ

Sorry for the loss of your Grand-pa. Ours prayers are with you.
EZ

shopteacher

Sorry for your loss Furby. The grief will pass but his memory will live on with you forever.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Roxie

You're in our thoughts and prayers.  Losing a Grandpa is hard, but he's in a better place, and you'll meet again.
Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

Fruby, our thoughts are with you and your famly.

WS
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom_Averwater

Sorry about the loss of your Grandpa. Tom Averwater
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Haytrader

Haytrader

Corley5

Sorry for your loss.  I know how hard it is.  He'll always be there in memory
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Mark M

Sorry to hear about your grandpa, I wish I still had one.

Frank_Pender

I too wish to expend my sympathy to you and your family, Furby.  Just remember, "There is no such place as far away, you are always there in the heart of a humming bird."
Frank Pender

Norm

Sounds like you lost a good friend and a Grandpa Furby, sorry to hear of his passing.

jerry-m

Thinking of you at this time Furby and Family... My God Bless you all and draw you close to him...

Sincerly, Jerry
Jerry

beenthere

My sympathy for Furby too. All too fast we move to the top and are the 'last in line' and have no family to 'look' up to. But then we have others looking up at us. Grand children, especially.
And, IMO, this FF family now becomes important, and quite comforting. I look back at the real knowledgeable people in my life, and wish they were around for me to talk to now (I get a lot of support from the FF now).  
Hopefully sometime, I will meet these good souls again, and have faith that it will happen.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OneWithWood

My condolences, Furby.  I lost my grandfather some time ago but it seems everyday something happens that makes me think of him.  You have a healthy perspective for what is often a sad occasion.  You grandpa would be proud.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Dana

Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Buzz-sawyer

Furby
Sorry you lost your4 friend/grandpa..............................

My Grandpa was my BEST friend as a boy!
He tauught me everything....was patient with a little squirt kid asking a MILLION questions, following him around and wanting to do endless projects....he is a HUGE part of who I am today :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Patty

You know Furby, he still lives in your heart. And you know he is smiling down on you every day.

Patty
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sawwood

Our prayes to you Furby and your family in this time
 of need.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Bro. Noble

Sorry Furby,

My grandparents died a long time ago and I still miss them.  

I've told a story or two about my grandparents on the forum in the past and it did me good ,if no one else.

When you feel like it maybe you could tell us about your grandpa.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

breederman

Furby,
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I never knew my grandfathers and have always regretted that. Keep him in your heart.

Craig
Together we got this !

leweee

Furby
 My condolences to you and your family.
                                           Sincerely Lewis.
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Ed_K

Furby, sorry for your loss, I'll keep you in my prayers.
 Ed K
Ed K

SwampDonkey

Sorry to here about your loss Furby. My maternal grandfather was my hunting and fishing pal. When I was in university he lost his sight and he went down hill from there. Lived 3 years almost to the day. He lived a long life and did what he wanted, when he wanted. A man couldn't expect any more from life I guess. The family still talks of him, we all miss his great stories in which only he knew how to tell or remember for that matter. Yup, for those of us all lucky to have grand folks it's considered the best part of their lives as well as your own.

My heart felt condolences Furby
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

karl

"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Danny_S

Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Kevin

Sorry to hear that Furby, grandparents are neat folks.

AtLast

My familys sympothy to you and yours.....
My mother always said.." a person is never gone until they are forgotten"

hillbilly

I'm sure sorry for your loss Furby,remember the good times,the little momments and the stories those are the things that you will carry close to your  heart.  

hillbilly

J_T

Our prayers are for you and yours Jim & Beverly
Jim Holloway

Stump Jumper

Sorry to here about your loss .God bless
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Ron Scott

Furby,

You have our sincere sympathy suring this time of sadness.
~Ron

etat

I'm very sorry for your loss Furby. Charles
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Erick

Furby,
           Sorry to hear about your grandpa I lost mine earlier this year. It truly is a loss you cant understand until it happens. Like Hillbilly Said its the little things you take with you, they help to remind you who you are and where you come from. you will be in our prayers.

Sincerly, Erick and Family
It's better to have it and not need it. Then to need it and not have it.

MULE_MAN

Sorry for your loss you & your family will be in my Prayers
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

jgoodhart

Sorry to hear of your loss, at least the ole boy got to live to a ripe old age.

Mike_P.

Furby:

We're sorry for the loss of your grandfather.  We extend our sympathy.

Mike

Papa Dave

Furby, please accept our prayers for you.

My grandfather was my hero and died in 1977. He worked in the big Cypress mills in Florida most of his life. To this day, a whole lot of who I am is from him.

Sounds like that may be the same for you. And in that case, he will always be near you.

Tom

It's the good times that will stay with you forever Furby.

Thank You Sponsors!