iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homelite 8800

Started by woodsdog2015, February 18, 2016, 04:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsdog2015

I got the Homelite 8800 running with a new bar and chain, it runs well unless I let off the throttle, then it just slows down and dies.  It starts up great and runs well with mid to WOT but like I said when I stop sawing to move a limb or get into position to cut another chunk, it wants to die unless I give it gas.  What would you suggest?  The spark plug doesn't look too fouled and like I said it starts good is this a carb thing? Maybe older gas thing? Too much oil in the gas oil mixture?  Maybe drain it and use some seafoam????  ???
I'd rather be in the woods.
MS362CM
MS251
CS-300
Homelite 8800
FiskarsX27

Grizzly

I'm not acquainted with that exact machine but my first thought is to open up the idle jet about an 1/8 of a turn and see what that does.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

woodsdog2015

It was the successor to the 540 and I believe their last big pro-level USA Made saw.  It buzzes through the wood quick.  I'll try your suggestion and thank you.

I'd rather be in the woods.
MS362CM
MS251
CS-300
Homelite 8800
FiskarsX27

Gearbox

I would say your idle is to rich and loading up or you have the idle RPM to low . The chain should just stop .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

lumberjack48

Turn the main idle adjustment clockwise until it idles
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Thank You Sponsors!