iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill build

Started by joegeds, February 18, 2016, 09:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegeds

Has anyone ever explored this option?  As I peruse the internet for various deals, I see some industrial band saws that have "deep throats".  They use 4 wheels (sometimes 3) so that one can saw items larger than the wheel diameters on saws with only 2 wheels.  Large band saw wheels are very expensive and if 4 small wheels are used, one could saw much larger diameter logs.  Any thoughts?  I'm still in the gathering phase of my sawmill build - I have the engine, trailer, and most of the steel I'll need.  just looking for the wheels/saw stuff
Ghosts crowd the young childs' fragile, egg shell mind........

Magicman

The smaller the bandwheel the more flexing of the band as it goes around, meaning shorter band life.  Larger bandwheels get the nod.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

york

Hi,Keep it simple,you can get big all steel band wheels from Cooks-It sure would be nice to see a build,using sawmill parts and not using stuff from old cars,motorcycles,wheel chairs...Good luck with your build....
Albert

Thank You Sponsors!