iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log moving just got easier

Started by outpost22, February 17, 2016, 07:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outpost22

Well I finally got my quick release grapple bucket installed.  Ended up moving about 40 logs with it the other day. I can switch back and forth between a standard bucket and the grapple in under 5 minutes now.  8)
Picking up rocks, stumps and debris is another bonus.

It sure makes log handling a lot easier.

Creating one more project one at a time.
Burg Bandsaw Mill
Stihl 010
Stihl 210
Stihl 251
Stihl 461
Husky 350
Kubota L3800

jmouton

well that sure looks handy,,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

thecfarm

Oh come on,it's way too much much fun to chase a rock around the field trying to get it into the bucket.  ::) 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Kipper

I remember when I first got mine, I went around picking everything up...

LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

WV Sawmiller

You guys are killing me. I have to go get a towel to wipe up the drool. Congrats on the grapple. I am very impressed and happy for you. Thanks for sharing.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I like those grapples.  Matter of fact, I really like them.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

Vedy nice  ;)
I could use one of them to help handle the downtown Corinth women  :D

Boy, back in my day..

fishfighter

Would love to have one on my backhoe, but I need my bucket just as bad.

outpost22

Quote from: thecfarm on February 17, 2016, 07:42:52 PM
Oh come on,it's way too much much fun to chase a rock around the field trying to get it into the bucket.  ::)

:D :D :D
Are you referring to "Field Hockey"?  Yes I'm tired of that game too  :laugh:
Burg Bandsaw Mill
Stihl 010
Stihl 210
Stihl 251
Stihl 461
Husky 350
Kubota L3800

Coffee_Creek

Deese

Very Nice! I sure could have used that bad boy yesterday afternoon :)
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

taylorsmissbeehaven

Field Hockey---That's funny! Seriously though that is a nice set up. Whats the HP on your tractor? Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

brendonv

What did you do for the third function for the grapple?
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

submarinesailor

Outpost and Kipper,

Are ether one of those grapples from the Cleveland Equipment Company on the west side of Cleveland, OH.  Been looking at their stuff on e-bay and was wondering if they make good equipment.

Bruce

Seavee

I would like to get one of those
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

rjwoelk

Quote from: 4x4American on February 17, 2016, 10:51:04 PM
Vedy nice  ;)
I could use one of them to help handle the downtown Corinth women  :D

Ah but the question is are they ready for you :D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Finn1903

Those grapples are really handy.  My friends Kubota with a grapple runs circles around my tractor with forks, even if the little Kubota is dragging the log backwards with the rear end coming off the ground.
WM LT40HDD47, bunch of saws, tractor, backhoe, and a loving wife.

47sawdust

Adding a q/a to my loader arms was the best money I ever spent.I have a 48'' grapple that is mighty handy.I ran hyd.lines from my rear remotes to operate the grapple others add a 3rd function to there loader controls.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

outpost22

Quote from: brendonv on February 18, 2016, 01:47:10 PM
What did you do for the third function for the grapple?

There is a separate hydraulic unit that operates the open/close function of the jaws. The trigger is located on the bucket joystick and you operate it with an index finger (very easy, like a rocker switch).  This way the operator can use the loader and grapple controls with easy finger/hand  movement.  I know this is a no-no, but I can set a log on my mill without so much as a noise or bump as it is so easy to control.  The grapple is mounted to "quick disconnect" mounts on the loader arms. Removing the grapple is as simple as pulling 2 levers and disconnecting 2 hydraulic lines.  It literally takes under 4-5 minutes to switch over to a standard bucket or vice-versa.
To answer other questions, this unit is a Land Pride (50") grapple. It is mounted on my Kubota L3800 (38 HP +/-) Tractor. 
Burg Bandsaw Mill
Stihl 010
Stihl 210
Stihl 251
Stihl 461
Husky 350
Kubota L3800

brendonv

What brand third function did you buy?  Or was it already installed when you bought it? 

I just sold my l3800. My buddy has it and ill help him install a 3rd function.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

peterpaul

Quote from: brendonv on February 18, 2016, 07:43:05 PM
What brand third function did you buy?  Or was it already installed when you bought it? 

I just sold my l3800. My buddy has it and ill help him install a 3rd function.

I put a third function valve from http://www.wrlonginc.com/valve_kits.htm  for my Kubota L 4330.  Worked great for long time, now occasionally I blow a fuse, I think I may have a pinched wire in the knob/rocker switch assembly as all other wiring is OK.
Woodmizer LT15, Kubota 4330 GST, Wallenstein FX 85, Timberwolf TW6, homemade firewood conveyor

samandothers

I have a grapple with a WR Long 3rd function rocker switch on the joy stick.  Best investment I made. 

Kipper

Mine is the econo model made in North Carolina. Only cost about $950 brand new. I have beat it up pretty good and haven't broke it yet.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

YellowHammer

They are also very handy for trimming trees.  Reach up, open up, put the bottom of the grapple against the trunk, and the top jaws over a limb at a trunk fork.  Close the jaws and the limb gets sheared right off with no load to the loader. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!