Survivor Tonite!!

Started by Papa1stuff, February 17, 2016, 08:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa1stuff

1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Magicman

We are so glad that there will finally be something back on the tube to watch.  The previews show this to be an interesting series.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pine

Quote from: Magicman on February 17, 2016, 08:29:52 AM
We are so glad that there will finally be something back on the tube to watch.  The previews show this to be an interesting series.

Must be something worth watching on the tube or you would have never seen the previews on the tube.  I have not even seen any previews.

Magicman

Oh my, you will see previews between news segments, but you are right, that ain't worth watching either.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Seavee

It looks interesting right now.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Magicman

It's too early for me to start choosing, but the show went well.  Sometimes simple mistakes cost contestants a shot at the game.

Cedarman

Darnell showed how to lose the game in 5 seconds.
Volunteered without letting the team know he was just a life guard.  Kept others from saying what they could do.
He thought he could do it rather than know he could do it.  Gets a lot of us in trouble.
Guess he has never watched anyone jump in the water with a mask.
One of the other five watching could have shouted hold on to your mask.
Panicked when he went underwater and lost his mask.
I am surprised the first vote wasn't unanimous.
100% sure it cost the team a win.

Going to have to be a few episodes before I find someone to root for or against.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

The brain girl that had the panic attack really came through in the challenge and won the day for her team.  What a turnaround. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Cedarman

I felt for the girl with the worm in the ear.  What are some techniques that would solve her problem?  Do worms want to crawl uphill?  Instinct is to hold ear down to let the critter fall out.

Jeff

Having a live insect in your ear is HORRIBLE.  I one time had a tiny bee fly into my motorcycle helmet as I was going down the roadside on a quad. It went right around and into my ear. It stung me and then went deep into the canal and proceeded to do laps. I was at the cabin. I tried everything. I eventually put alcohol then peroxide in my ear to kill the bee, but had to go to the hospital to get it out due to the swelling caused from the sting and trying to extract the insect.   I could feel for her big time and had tears in my eyes.  If you aint never been there, it is simply as stated. Horrible.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I couldn't believe the wimps being wimpy and not wanting to touch it and help her, but that could have been some editing.   ::)

Ron Wenrich

I thought that I would have tried to put water in it to flush it out.  Seems there is an ocean out there to give it a try. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Cedarman

You get salt water in your ears when you swim in the ocean.  That would have been my first try.  Pickle that worm.

Mooseherder

Somehow we missed the opener.  I've been avoiding all commercials and missed any promotion of the show.
Since the Title changes each show the dvr didn't pick it up.  I'll have to watch it online later.

clearcut

In an interview with Jeff Probst, "We will not help any player in a way that gives them any kind of an unfair advantage ... if they (medical) can get the worm out easily to go ahead and do it. Fortunately, that little sucker came out on its own and of course ... we got the shot!"

Carbon sequestered upon request.

Mooseherder

We got to watch it yesterday On Demand.  I'm pulling for the girl wit worms coming out of her ear. :o
That's one tough cookie who sorta looks like Susan Sarandon.

There's lot of people on there who are selected to annoy. :D

Magicman

I was surprised that she was booted off but again her mouth was probably her worst enemy. 

Cedarman

Old saying "Loose lips sink ships".
Old rock and roll hit  "You talk to Much"

WDH

That worm must have got in her brain. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

That was no surprise tonight as they posture themselves into groups that they believe will survive.  The idol situations are always amusing, especially with next week's teaser.

Raider Bill

I was hoping the doc got kicked. Both are jerks but she was cute. ;)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Obviously the show underestimated the difficulty and intensity of the reward challenge which was unfortunate.  The results of the tribal was a foregone conclusion.  Weakness can not survive.   :-\

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

No way should they have let them compete in that challenge in that heat.  Irresponsible on the part of the producers.  They have to be smarter than that. 

Jeff

I lost a little bit of respect for Jeff Probst on this one. He was in there interviewing to the medics in a "The show must go on" mode. If this was truly a heat stroked situation, he should have kept his ass out of the way until they knew the victim was stable.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!