iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Reading the Water While Salmon Fishing

Started by SwampDonkey, October 18, 2004, 02:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Here's an excerpt from the provincial paper in New Brunswick. The article was written by Herb Curtis of Fredericton. It's an article with a guides perspective on American sport fisherman and how to read the waters for a successful catch. ;) Here goes.

Comment from a guide:
The trouble is, nine out of 10 clients won't let the guides do their job. Let's face it! Why would the client seriously consider the opinions and suggestions of a guy who has bad grammar, who has never been anywhere, who has no idea what a steelhead is, who slips into a fog when the conversation wanders to brown trout and bluefish, spay casting and American politics? ;)

Comment from a sport:
My guide knows so little about the United States, how could he know anything about catching salmon? If he tells me to stand in the shallow water, then I must assume the right thing to do is to wade deeper! They're all dummies! :D

Experienced guide:
Show me one sport who has ever sized up a bend of the river before he made his cast and I'll give you my Orvis.........You know a taking fish when you see it, but you can't explain it. ;)

Novice Guide:
No, ninety nine out of a hundred of people we guide couldn't catch a salmon in a hatchery holding pool............................. ;)

..........When I go fishing I consider things, the time of year, the length of darkness as opposed to light, photosynthesis, the life and death and decomposition of microorganisms. God bless their miniature souls, each of them exudes gases and toxins into the water. Those gases and toxins can make a salmon sleepy, horny, hungry, set him drunk! ::) :D

Experienced guide:
What's that word you used, Kid? Photo something or other. I've been a guide all my life and I don't know about that stuff. :D

Novice guide:
Of course you do, Buck. Where a scientish would take a hundred written pages to explain the significance of it all, you could wrap it up in two four letter ef words.

Experience Guide:
HuH?

Novice Guide:
Fish farts.  :D :D

Experienced guide:
Fish farts! Oh, yes, of course! No sense fishin' when they're on the water. Yep. Photo stuff and Micro whatsitcalled... Ya gotta know all that stuff, Albert my boy. ::) :D

cheers :D :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Thank You Sponsors!