iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

why is

Started by coxy, February 16, 2016, 12:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

it that young kids16-20 always think that if they have all wheel drive they can go any where  today i was going to check on my skidder 2 miles from my house on a bad back road( even in good weather ) the roads where all ice and here is this SUV in the ditch on its side i get stopped and a young gets out   i asked if she was ok said ya do you need help no a tow truck is coming  :-\ :-\ i left got about 3miles down the road and the owner of a repair shop was coming told him not to try it he told me who the girl was   well it was someone i knew but haven't seen the kids since they where 4-5 years old i called the mother and asked if she wanted me to get her with my ATV cause i was not going back with the truck got her home everyone was very thankful i picked her up in the rain with an ATV  so i did my good deed for the day  8) 8)

Chuck White

I don't know, Coxy, it just seems to work out that way!

Younger people get a 4x4 and think they're invincible, same as younger hunters have got to have the biggest, baddest multi-magnum rifle to kill a deer that will only dress 130-150 pounds.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

I have 2 teenage daughters and for the most part we have decent county roads, rough usually but gravel, it scares me when they leave but they have to learn some how.  They've grown up learning much like I did, from a young age following my tractor from field to field so that helps my nerves a little but I've seen too many of these kids in wrecks that could have been deadly and a few were, I'm too dumb to drive a 2wd anymore but glad the girls are learning in them I think it makes them think a little harder about what they're getting into.

goose63

coxy its not just the young I stop for a 4x4 dodge up side down in the ditch mom in her 50s daughter in her 30s mom says I don't know went wrong we were had it in 4x4 and was only going 60 well now the roads were all ice at least no one was hurt   
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

WV Sawmiller

Coxy,

Glad you could help out. All part of learning for new drivers I guess. And they need to learn that just because they can go with 4WD does not mean they can stop. When we first moved up here and bought 4WD truck the first time the canceled school because of heavy snow my school teacher wife, happy to have a day off decided to go shopping. She quickly found that even 4WD does not do good in 2' of snow. Glad nobody was hurt.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

beenthere

Agree as goose said.. it is not just the young (we all knew everything at that age :D)

Many older folk as well with little experience (that comes by trying it out) will say they can do it as they have 4x4. Nothing teaches better than experience.

Locally we lost a 9 year old in a roll-over, 4x4.  Mother (39 yr old) driving her four children (18, 11, 9, 7) on a 4 lane rd. Only the mother and the 18 yr old were belted in. The younger ones were thrown out of the vehicle and one died, other two in serious condition. Knowing the easy answer doesn't solve the tragic end result for this mother.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Deese

That's terrible  :(
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

drobertson

not just young ones, I did it today, sort of, went to a friends to pic up some left over stickers, got to the point where I thought "this yoto ain't gonna back back out, to slick,"  well got all loaded checked out the cabin build and sure enough, stuck in a slick 1/4" slime that's all, had to go further down the hill to give him way to get around and then he pulled me back up on flatter grounds,, some 2 wheel pick ups are helpless,, mine is one of them,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

coxy

your right should have said lots of people not just kids  :) i was never like that i think it was because my uncle always scared the ship out of me every time the roads where iced over  ;D

timberlinetree

Nice of you to help out!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

breederman

Good job helping out . I took an exciting ride yesterday am at the s.t.d.c. facility down in Sullivan county .before it stopped !
Together we got this !

Thank You Sponsors!