iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS250, carb adjusting needles identification

Started by rlueth, February 15, 2016, 10:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlueth

Completely disassembled my ZAMA carb on the 250 and blew out/cleaned all passages.  Now putting it back together and realize the two adjusting needles are different.  One has a sharp tip, the other is blunt.  Which is high speed and which is low speed adjustment ?  Thanks

joe_indi

Dont worry!
The one with the sharp tip goes into L  and the blunt one into H.
And, you cant go wrong even if you are blind  :D the screws dont have threads of the same pitch so you just cannot goof up. JOE

ZeroJunk

They should have a different thread and impossible to mix up.

Sorry Joe, beat me to it.

terrifictimbersllc

Zama says the L screw is always longer than the H screw, and on dual needle carbs are not interchangeable.  First paragraph in attached link.
http://www.zamacarb.com/page/disassembly_servicing_1
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

rlueth

The threads are exactly the same on each needle, but they are slightly different lengths and the tips are different.  Maybe this isn't a ZAMA carb.  The ONLY markings I can find on the carb are HL lC.  Anybody know what brand this carb is ?  Thanks

Jiles

Over the years, I have rebuilt hundreds of carburetors from auto to leaf blowers. After many failed rebuilds, I have decided to just replace Chinese made Zama carbs with new ones. The cost is very little more then repair kits???
Never had a real problem with other brands.
As far as Zama carb numbers, most I have dealt with have acid etched numbers on a flat section of carb body. This number is sometimes hard to see and will sometimes be rubbed out.
Very poor way to mark anything!
Satisfy needs before desires

Thank You Sponsors!