iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Enough pump??

Started by overclocking, February 14, 2016, 07:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overclocking

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Taco-00R-F6-1IFC-00R-Cast-Iron-Radiant-Heating-Circulator-w-Integral-Flow-Check-1-25-HP?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6IC2BRDcjPrjm_istoUBEiQASrLz1oaVkneolt6IP57GIrqDNia2RxZ-iulhLL924xN_rhEaAuv68P8HAQ

Is this enough pump to push through 130 ft each way to the house, through two exchangers, and a side arm, then return to the boiler via 1 inch line?

Its mounted on the boiler on the hot side pushing toward the house.

jiggysmb

I would say yes but I am pretty new here and to OWB. We have a 1/25 hp grundfos that pumps a little over 100 feet ot the house and back. It is a pretty level shot, so I would think if you were pumping up hill it may need a bit more umph.

Oldman47

That 1 inch pipe will experience significant line losses and you have a long run at over 260 feet plus the heat exchanger. The pump you linked has only a 15 foot head maximum so I doubt it will do the trick.
X27, Stihl 026, Husky 555 AT

overclocking

Thanks. Just trying to figure out why I am not getting the exchange I need. I have been fighting this problem for months and by the time I figure the problem out, winter is probably going to be over. I'm going to add a second 007 pump inside the house to speed up the circulation and see what that does..

hedgerow

I have about 250 ft pipe from my boiler to my house so I am pushing 500 pipe plus fittings. I have Taco 011 out where the boil is and a grundfos ups 26-99fc in the basement. The grundfos is three speed so in the warmer part of the winter I run it on two and in the colder time I run it on high. When the taco goes out I will replace it with a grunfos. I don't think you are pushing enough fluid to get a good heat exchange. When I first put the system in I tryed only running the 011. It worked until the cold part of winter hit and one pump wouldn't cut it so I added another and that solved the problem.

overclocking

Quote from: hedgerow on February 15, 2016, 08:19:27 PM
I have about 250 ft pipe from my boiler to my house so I am pushing 500 pipe plus fittings. I have Taco 011 out where the boil is and a grundfos ups 26-99fc in the basement. The grundfos is three speed so in the warmer part of the winter I run it on two and in the colder time I run it on high. When the taco goes out I will replace it with a grunfos. I don't think you are pushing enough fluid to get a good heat exchange. When I first put the system in I tryed only running the 011. It worked until the cold part of winter hit and one pump wouldn't cut it so I added another and that solved the problem.

Thats basically exactly what I am seeing, it works great until the temp drops below a certain point, then it linearly gets worse as outside temp drops.

Thank You Sponsors!