iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bell ultra T track machine

Started by Pa.Logger, February 13, 2016, 10:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pa.Logger

Can anyone tell me where I can get parts in the states or Canada readily accessible? I am looking for the elastomeric bearings that go in the equalizer bar.Are these the same on the wheeled machines?

treeslayer2003

are you talking about the pedal linkage? if so, i bet the bolts are wore way worse than the bushings. mine were wore down to like a pencil lead, every one said the machine was shot. two new bolts tightened it right up. Zambesi was who i dealt with for parts, think they in NC

Pa.Logger

this is a track machine. these bearings are on the bar between the tracks and in center of machine. thanks will try zambesi

treeslayer2003

i know nothing about the tracked machines, but thought they were on cat undercarriage?

oldseabee

The early ones had D3, then later went to D5. The sprockets were up front where the wheels would be, then they put a bar across under the center of the machines to support the machine and keep it centered between the tracks. They had rubber bearings  to allow for movement of the tracks with the uneven ground similar to stabilizers on truck axles. Track adjustment is important considering that the sprockets are up front and sort of push the tracks unlike a dozer with rear mounted sprockets that pulls the track on the ground and keeps it tight. On the Bell the tracks tend to buckle up if they  are too loose. and wear is accelerated.

ga jones

Their CAT tracks right oldseabee parts should be available through CAT??
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

oldseabee

The rollers, rails, and pads are Cat but the stabilizer bar would be a Bell part. Not sure if the elasometric bearings are or not. I'll have to dig a parts book out of storage to see, or you could take one to the Cat store to see.
Bell opened up dealers for Bell Artic trucks last year. I think that they used a similar bearing on the stabilizer rods on the rear tandems on the B25 trucks. Bell South Africa does have a web site, with US dealers listed.

ga jones

There is a bell dealer listed in the Northern Logger magazine in New England. I'm sure CJ logging would be able to get you parts. But there good parts guys left and there's no one there at allenwood worth talking to. call booneville and get the stuff shipped to allenwood.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Thank You Sponsors!