iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norse 350 winch on kubota 47 hp (at pto) tractor.

Started by cmb54, February 12, 2016, 04:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmb54

Anybody run a norse 350 winch on a mx5200? 50 hp.... 47hp at the pto.

Thank you

thecfarm

Can't help you with the 350,but I run a 450 on a 40hp NH. The 450 has a higher top pulley. My Father and me hauled out ALOT of pine over 3 feet across with it. Yes,it cost about a grand more,but it's a bigger winch too. That is why we went the Norse 450 than the other brands. The 350 has only been in production 4-5 years?? The hinged butt plate is real handy. I just winch up the butt plate to hook a trailer to the tractor. Much easier to get a trailer through the woods than having it back another 3-4 feet if I had to hook a trailer to the winch. I have many tight places to get around on my land. The spec says it's for a 30-60hp tractor so it should do fine. You will like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cmb54

David-L

You can do alot with a tractor mounted winch for sure. I had a 501 farmi for years and did tractor logging for quite some time. I think it sounds good, I would think your age tractor would have a ROPS and if it dosent I would put one on before hitting the woods. Never can be to safe in the woods. Good luck.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

g_man

In my way of thinking that is a perfect size winch for your tractor. You have plenty of tractor to handle the winch and use it's capabilities which is good. That is a better situation than having a big winch and a tractor that is to light to take advantage of it. You will still want to have loaded tires to make your tractor as heavy and safe as possible.

gg

cmb54

Thanks guys!

It will be used mostly for pine. I have a bunch of pine around the house and driveway that is  shading the grounds and garden too much. If we ever have a bad storm some could hit the house.

W5E2J

As an owner of a 350 winch you will be fine. That size tractor is more than sufficient for the winch. I have mine on a 35 HP tractor and that is a nice maneuverable  combination. As mentioned the folding bottom blade is a very useful feature for pulling a trailer.  Purchase a self releasing snatchblock so you can keep your pulls straight. It is much safer. Good Luck  W Jones.

old log

Hi  I just got  my 350 Norse  mounted on  my KubotsL350DT. I  want to get  it into the woods and  give it was test. Woods are not frozen and don't want to  bury it

thecfarm

old log,You will like it.
I made 6 short chains,4 footers to help out with the small stuff. I run 6 chokers on mine. Sometimes all 6 are used and sometimes only one is used. I bought choker chains and 3 choker hooks from Labonville. Cut off 4 feet,they was 8 feet long,and put a choker hook on the chain that I got off. Much easier to pull only a foot of chain through the slide than 3 feet of chain. Took me years to finally spend the money and do it. It's so much easier to use.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!