iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"This is home": Retired forester lives off-grid in log cabin his father built

Started by Ozarker, February 10, 2016, 08:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozarker

"Stacks of covered lumber, the large garden and a storage building are on Lee Stover's property in Waldo. With the exception of the cabin, which was built by his father, Stover built all the structures from lumber he sawed on his sawmill."

http://www.leisureboom.net/2016/02/10/this-is-home-retired-forester-lives-off-grid-in-log-cabin-his-father-built/

Farmerjw

People on here aren't going to like his stickering job in the picture! :o :D
Premier Bovine Scatologist

cbla

Ozarker

Farmerjw: I wondered how long before anyone noticed that.  ;D

cbla: My pleasure, sir.

Swamp Fox

I love stories like this one. Good read. I sold a timber sale last year that I named the "OFF DA GRID" sale. I guess I'm a dreamer.

Ozarker

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

47sawdust

Good story about an old Maineiac.Got him a nice Timber Harvester and plenty of pine.

Ray,Thanks for the birthday greeting.You stirrin' up grits again I see.

Best to all and stay warm.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

thecfarm

Gotta keep those grit lovers a reason to tell me how great they are.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jhenderson

The thought of living off grid is very romantic. Actually doing it is another story. I've found up wind of an off gridder is the best place to be.

Jhenderson

beenthere

Quote from: Jhenderson on February 17, 2016, 08:14:21 PM
The thought of living off grid is very romantic. Actually doing it is another story. I've found up wind of an off gridder is the best place to be.

That was crude.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Thank You Sponsors!