iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homelite 750

Started by Woodcutter17, February 10, 2016, 06:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodcutter17

Hi everyone! I,m new to the site. I have an outdoor boiler that I use to heat my house and water. I have been at it for about 8 years now. My father in-law has the same set up so we cut wood together. He uses newer saws, but I like to fix older saws and use them. I really like using my poulan 475, but I recently had a homelite 750 given to me. I installed a carb kit and intake boot and it runs great, but was oiling way too much. Running off the bar. I removed the oil pump so I could clean it and try to figure out what the problem might be. I replaced the 4 O-rings but now the saw doesn't oil at all and actually blows oil through the exhaust. Does anyone know if the oil pump has to be lined up a certain way or if I need to buy original O-rings? I'm not sure where to get original O-rings. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Woodcutter17

Still looking for some help guy please! Anyone with knowledge of the automatic oiler in a Homelite 750.

beenthere

Hopefully in due time someone can solve your oiler problem. Might start with some pics of the parts you removed and reassembled. Even if doing it over is necessary. Both a good way to learn and to let others in on the problem you have.

Also, click on your Forum name and it will take you to where you can fill out your profile with at least your location. That helps a lot, and am sure you like seeing where others are located when you read their posts.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jiles

Quote from: Woodcutter17 on February 11, 2016, 03:06:43 PM
Still looking for some help guy please! Anyone with knowledge of the automatic oiler in a Homelite 750.
Worked on many chainsaws and don't believe I have ever had a non-adjustable oiler that oiled too much.
I see no way oil from a chain oiler can get inside engine to come out exhaust.
Are you sure exhaust oil is chain oil or could it be from fuel mix?
Evidently your chain oiler is not working, but it has been years since I have worked on that model.
Sorry if this is no help.
Satisfy needs before desires

Woodcutter17

The worm gear is driven off a gear on the crank I think. There are 4 O-rings in the oiler and I was thinking if one was leaking the oil would go in the crank. I was doing a little research though and found out there is a little pin in the oiler that is loose and can fall out and become lost when removing the oiler. I never saw the pin but did find it laying on the rug below the bench in my shop. So now I am trying to remove the oiler once again and install the pin, but now the oiler seems to be really stuck. Anyone know the proper way to remove it? Last time I threaded a screw in it and pulled with a pliers but it did not work this time. I don't want to break anything.

Woodcutter17

Well I got the oiler out and installed the little pin. The pin is what makes the oiler pump. Then I put the pump back in and cleaned the 2 check valves on the manual oil. Now everything seems to be working good. The next step is to cut some wood. Thanks for the help!

Thank You Sponsors!