iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A couple more tables today

Started by tule peak timber, February 09, 2016, 06:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

The first table is a 5' diameter pine cookie stained, with a hand rubbed spar varnish finish. the legs are roots from a claro walnut tree, split and bookmatched. The second table is made from old glue lam- beams from a building in San Diego circa 1960's. Sort of a heavy industrial look, hand rubbed, UV oil for outdoors. Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

landscraper

That pine top table is exceptionally nice.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Magicman

Oh my eyes!  :o

Your tables send a powerful message.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

69bronco

You put some elbow grease in that spar varnish!! Beautiful!

Bruno of NH

They look great !
Like the legs on both .
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

samandothers

Those are some heavy looking tables.  Super neat.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Them der tables would be the talk of any party.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

lowpolyjoe

Dodgy Loner

Wowzers. Not too many 5' diameter pines in the east. I could do a 1/2 scale model of that table :D Nice stuff!
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

drobertson

Pretty stuff, really like the tree root legs, has to be hard to keep a level plane?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Dakota

Dave Rinker

tule peak timber

From a rootball I usually get 3-4 sets of legs off the sawmill, depending. After kilning the trick is to precision cut then on a table saw to get things sitting level. Lots of sanding .  Rob

jueston

everytime you post your work i'm blown away. :o

amazing tables.

54Dutchman

I am in awe. Beautiful workmanship and finished product smiley_clapping smiley_clapping.

Seaman

Beautiful work as always.
My son is getting married June 11 in Oceanside or close. We will be out there all week, staying on base most of the time. I am going to do my best to drop in on you while there!
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

21incher

Beautiful works of art. Thanks for sharing. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

tule peak timber

Sounds good!We will have a bottle of cab ready. Love to talk about boats.  Rob

petefrom bearswamp

Love the tables.
Great craftsmanship
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

plowboyswr

Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

ScottAR

Beautiful works for certain...   Any updates on the winery?
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

tule peak timber

And another table today. Walnut  end grain veneer on extruded polystyrene , and fiberglass. Finish is Epithanes  two part varnish rubbed out to 8000 grit. Legs are claro walnut scraps, hard wax oil finish. Size 4  X 11 feet , 3 inches thick yet only a two man lift.

Thank You Sponsors!