iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bar buying question

Started by Darrel, February 08, 2016, 12:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

I'm planning a chainsaw slabbing mill build powered buy a 18 horse vertical shaft lawnmower engine. I'm wanting a 60" bar on this mill and I'm having trouble finding a bar of this size online. Google is pretty much worthless or maybe I just don't know what to search for. Admittedly, I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to chainsaws but I have learned that the forestry forum is a good place to learn.

Thanks
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

footer

I don't think Links are allowed, but I got mine from Baileys online. I thought they were a sponsor to this forum, but I don't see them in the list now. I have a Woodsman Pro. Its a Heavy SOB though!

Darrel

Thanks footer. I'll check that out. I don't mind heavy as I'll be building it heavy and running it on a track.
1992 LT40HD

footer

The one I have is 404 pitch with large stihl mount. I run it on a 084

beenthere

footer
Once upon a time.. they were a good sponsor. But changed hands and made the comment that we were "insignificant" to them. Also, several have commented on poor service since the change took place.
Check out our sponsor  "Comstock" for bars.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

footer

Quote from: beenthere on February 08, 2016, 04:02:23 PM
footer
Once upon a time.. they were a good sponsor. But changed hands and made the comment that we were "insignificant" to them. Also, several have commented on poor service since the change took place.
Check out our sponsor  "Comstock" for bars.
beenthere, Thanks for the heads up and pointing me towards Comstock. I will check them out for sure.

Darrel

If we are insignificant, they won't miss my business. I'll check out comstock.
1992 LT40HD

Darrel

I checked out Comstock but they didn't have the length I needed but not to worry, Left Coast Supplies has what I need and they are on the right side of the country for me.   But my wife looked over my shoulder while I was looking at their website and had a panic atack when she saw the price of the bar and chain. It will happen however, all in due time and she will be happy when I buy her something with the money it makes for her. And I'll be happy because I'll have a new toy tool that I made myself.
1992 LT40HD

mmartone

There are a bunch of cannon bars on ebay
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

DonnerParty

I went back and forth for quite a while on which type of bar to buy. Had decided on a GB, but changed my mind and bought a Cannon. Very glad I did. The Cannon bar is an absolutely fantastic bar; rigid and tight tolerances. Regardless of the vendor you buy from, I would wholeheartedly recommend Cannon.

terrifictimbersllc

Get my 72" GB bars for my Peterson slabber from Left Coast Supplies.  Same one that Peterson sells.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!