iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

one tractor off to auction and one comes to life

Started by yukon cornelius, February 07, 2016, 11:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

lots of progress around here! I have too many projects and not enough usable stuff so I am cleaning and fixing. my old ugly backhoe just doesn't do the job. it was just to hard to maneuver and to bulky so this week it went on a trailer and went to auction. next I have this farmall A I brought home back when we were restoring old iron. it has been taking up real estate around here and I had never even heard it run. I got up this morning and got too it. rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel line, cleaned the points, oil change,and added the battery. she sprang to life. it sounds good and drives good. now sadly it is on the chopping block. I need a good loader, 3 point and just a bit bigger. 

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

starmac

For curiositys sake, let us know how they do at the auction. I would love to have that A, and have absolutely no reason to justify it, other than to take up real estate. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

yukon cornelius

The auction is today but the A won't be in it until next month. I will try to sell it local until it gets closer to next months auction. I am hoping to get enough between the two to get something decent. It is supposed to be snowing at the auction today so it might not sell this month. They won't let you put reserve but you can be there and be the highest bidder.

r.man

If you put high bid on your own rig do you have to pay the auction commission?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

That is not allowed by the larger auction houses here. Nor is having 'plants' on the floor, if caught the lot is pulled and the offender shown the door.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

grweldon

My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

yukon cornelius

if you are the high bidder you don't have to pay anything. you are allowed 3 auctions on the same tractor before it goes in absolute row ( it sells for high bid regardless) or you take it home. those 3 auctions are no charge. The hoe only went to $1300 and I didn't let it go this time. it was snowing so hard you could hardly see and very cold. someone offered $1500 after the auction and they haul it. I may just do that. if he doesn't come through on it it will be there next month.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: yukon cornelius on February 08, 2016, 02:29:54 PM
if you are the high bidder you don't have to pay anything. you are allowed 3 auctions on the same tractor before it goes in absolute row ( it sells for high bid regardless) or you take it home. those 3 auctions are no charge. The hoe only went to $1300 and I didn't let it go this time. it was snowing so hard you could hardly see and very cold. someone offered $1500 after the auction and they haul it. I may just do that. if he doesn't come through on it it will be there next month.

Wow, Can't really tell from the picture, but out here, I'd gladly give you $1,500.  The shipping would kill me, though :D
Good luck next month.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

yukon cornelius

john, it is an ok machine. it starts and runs always. the steering box broke so I hooked the power steering cylinder to a hydraulic valve to steer it. the loader has been broken and scab welded. the hoe works fine. I hate having strangers coming out to the house to kick the tires for a few hours and then offer $100 or tell you when they get money they will call you and all the while looking around at everything you have making you wonder if they are just casing the joint. they call and ask a bunch of questions only to tell you they don't have money. it is easiest to just send it up there and see what happens.  ;D

Farmerjw

Yukon, if Indiana weren't so far away, at that price it would be at my house already.  I need to finish up some pond banks and that would fit the bill.  What is your asking price for the A?  Just curious. 
Premier Bovine Scatologist

yukon cornelius

farmer jw, Indiana is too far for one tractor but for both??? bring a trailer  :D I don't know yet what I want from the A. I would like enough out of both to get one "right one"

gspren

Buying or selling at auctions can be all over the place price wise. I've sold things at a local consignment auction where I was totally shocked at how much I got for one item and just as shocked at how little for another item the same day, you need at least 2 people that want something to get a good price.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

kensfarm

My Dad had one just like it.. I remember clawing my way out of a creek crossing I got stuck in... pretty rugged machine. It's still w/ the family.. needs some work too. 

yukon cornelius

Well second pass on the backhoe at the auction and not even a bid. The A only made t to $700. I kept it for another month. Nothing at the auction was bringing anything such as a nice 580 c case backhoe brought $2600. And a really nice 2020 Deere with a loader brought $2100. That is dirt cheap here. I guess we will wait another month.

Magicman

I need to come up with a flatbed trailer.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yukon cornelius

Do you need directions so you don't end up in the river? ;D it could include a complimentary cedar swing.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

timberlinetree

Nice job on the a! We have had some good times at auctions,but not my wallet.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

starmac

By golly I'll bid $1000, maybe $1100 for that A if you will deliver it. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

yukon cornelius

Quote from: starmac on March 16, 2016, 12:32:37 AM
By golly I'll bid $1000, maybe $1100 for that A if you will deliver it. lol

I think that is out of my delivery range haha!

I think i might bring them back home and do something else. As much as I would love to give them to someone in need, I can't afford to just give them away.  I think I will just take the hoe off and use the tractor

Dave Shepard

If the A different have rockshafts, then it will be harder to sell, and to find implements for.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

yukon cornelius

Not knowing a lot about an a I don't know how to tell. It has a drawbar but I don't know about the rockshaft.

Dave Shepard

The rock shafts are under the gas tank. There will be hydraulic tubes on the right side running to the pump. No hydraulics, no rock shafts.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sandsawmill14

dave i think the cubs might be different but if i remember correctly our equipment will interchange between the a, super a , and b farmalls but i pretty sure not the c, super c at one time we had every model of the letter series running/ working :o except for the orchard models never had them :) the ones we did have were the a,super a,b,c,super c,h,m,mv,md,super m, :o now all we have left is a-h :D :D :D and a couple old poppin johns and various other massey harris/ferguson allis,3 fords  and a few others for parts :o :D :D :D
if i can remember i will look at the various lifts to see if they are the same or not :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Thank You Sponsors!