iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another project

Started by customsawyer, February 06, 2016, 08:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

I haven't received mine either.   I did, however, leave with a couple of Kasco blades to try.  :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

4x4American

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on May 22, 2016, 09:08:00 PM
I haven't received mine either.   I did, however, leave with a couple of Kasco blades to try.  :)

So did I, and that ended up with me buying a box of them, dey sho ams good.
Boy, back in my day..

Sixacresand

Quote from: caveman on May 22, 2016, 05:10:06 PM
At the project that Jake hosted, there was a legal pad that several folks had signed in order to receive two Wood-Mizer blades.  Have any of you who were there received them? 
Caveman
All I got was a yellow legal pad with a bunch of names on it. 

Just Kidding.  I had forgot all about the blades.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

4x4American

Maybe they were just taking our names down so that they can keep a record of who's a FF member lol
Boy, back in my day..

TimGA

Got mine about a week ago, look good, will try them in a few weeks just missed a 5500 bft job. Been getting ready to cut about 350 acres of corn silage. Going to start in am, praying it goes well. 5 trucks 1 chopper 2 tractors, if anything breaks I quit hauling and get to fix it, a little stressful to say the least.
                                                    Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

4x4American

Only as stressful as you make it!
Boy, back in my day..

scsmith42

Hey Jake.... I've found a log for your next project!  It calculates out to 3,500 board feet.

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

customsawyer

If you deliver it I'll cut it. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That would make a good project log.  :o

customsawyer

I get to keep the wood. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

4x4American

I was just thinking back on this, what a great time, and alot I learned.  Next time, instead of renting a car, I think I'll rent a helicopter...and definitely a hotel...I'm too old to be waking up in a wet sleeping bag again  :D :D :D
Boy, back in my day..

Andries

Funny that, I was thinking t'other day about the "Project" too.
I'm looking forward to the next one.

D-U-G, you've got a funny smile on your face when QS white oak is on the mill . . . .
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

4x4American

:D  :D  :D 

The look on my face there is how you pronounce the first part of my name- Duhhhhh! 
Boy, back in my day..

WDH

The second part is GGGGGHH.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jmouton

hey andries , i was thinking about it too,, had a good time, learned alot , forgot some by now , have to come back again,,,,
  oh and whats up jake??? 

jim

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

4x4American

Jake's off finding tire irons in logs  :D :D
Boy, back in my day..

WDH

D-U-G,

He does have a lot of irons in the fire. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4x4American

That boys got irons everywheres  :D
Boy, back in my day..

caveman

I thoroughly enjoyed the project.  I finally had the opportunity to meet a lot of the folks whose posts I have been reading for years.  Their accents are different in person.  If there is another project, it will be high on my priority list to attend.  Fires have a way of heating a lot of irons at once (we are moderately busy too).
Caveman

Andries

The folks from Kasco had some interesting blade information.
I got the impression that Jake was some impressed with the hand moves that went along with the discussion.
Quote from: jmouton on September 22, 2016, 08:34:09 PM
  oh and whats up jake???  jim 

Could be he's in his sharpening shed practising ninja/karate/judo ?  :D  :)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

customsawyer

I am starting to get the impression that you guys are all inviting yourselves back to my place.  :D
Means the world to me that all had a good time. I am studying on the next one. There is some discussion in the background on some subjects to teach at the next project. If it all comes together there is a good chance that there will be more to learn at the next one than any before.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Andries

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!