iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Very interesting day

Started by slider, February 06, 2016, 05:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

Some commercial painters that we know through our tree service contacted me this weekend about helping out on a job near by.They wanted me to run there rented man lift.I told them up front that I was comfortable with our 67 ft bucket rig but I had no experience on a man lift.They were in a tight and insisted that it was no problem.When i got there I found a 125 ft man lift.To make this story short I will say I got the job done but not without some trepidation on my part.It took most of the boom on this rig to reach the elevators on this job.
The funny part of this tale is when i stopped at the gun shop on the way home.I had not looked at my face.They all started laughing and one said ,what are you doing ,trying out for a role in brave heart.My face was blue.I'm still here and that is a good thing.Old folks doing stuff.
al glenn

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Roxie

Were you able to get the paint off?   :D :D
Say when

Magicman

125'   :o  Your blue face was justified.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Just leave the blue on.  It might make you pretty.  Then, again, it might not help  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

I knew Vic was getting a little rough on you but Dang.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

I got the paint off Roxie but not without some effort.
al glenn

Magicman

Now how are we gonna know which one is you ???   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yukon cornelius

:D now you are seasoned and can help them all the time! I don't know if it would have taken the job. I am only adventuress at the expense of my own life and not others.

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

slider

Yukon I really did not want the job but they were in a tight with no one to run it at the time.I did do a test ride first before the painter got in.The machine is actually quiet safe.The sensors wont let go past the safe limits.
MM the paint did not help this 65 year old mug.I is what I is.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!