iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What were you doing

Started by goose63, January 28, 2016, 08:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samandothers

In a training class at work. 

tule peak timber

I was on the 250 fathom curve due west of San Miguel Island long-lining Blackgill.
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

dgdrls

Measuring a property line in the Hudson Valley, 
Working along the east side of the Hudson River between Cold Spring and Beacon.
We finished our day and stopped for a Pint, news came on and we were stunned.

Sad day indeed,

Dan

Logger RK

Pulled into the logging job & land owners kid told me about it. But knowing the kid was known for smoking funny cigarettes I didn't believe him till I turned the radio on. Since on January 2nd that year my Father Passed Away at age 55 it's easy 2 remember. I thought to myself,1986 isn't starting out to good.

yukon cornelius

We were living at my grandparents house as my family was building a new house. I was at home from school since I had just had my tonsils removed. The launch was a big deal for us because a family friend was a teacher who had been in the final running to be on that shuttle. I remember waking up and watching it on TV. A tragedy for sure.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

scgargoyle

I was at work in west central FL. Since we could see the launches from there, we all went outside to watch. I do remember it was very cold ( for FL). We knew when we saw it break up that something was wrong, and learned of the tragedy on the radio when we went back inside.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

coxy

Quote from: GAB on January 28, 2016, 07:37:16 PM
Quote from: coxy on January 28, 2016, 06:30:37 PM
sitting on my bench in the principal office keeping him company like I did every day  :D :D

Question: Are you telling us that in the good old days - you weren't good, and you weren't old.
Gerald
:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Dakota

I was truckn' down the road between Salt Lake City and Boise, not too far from Thiokol, the maker of the 0-ring.
Dave Rinker

petefrom bearswamp

When I left to go mark timber in the AM the launch was on hold due to low temp.
Got home about 4:45 and asked my daughters if they got the thing up.
Was stunned to hear about the explosion.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Just Me

I was there in the viewing area with my daughter who was 9 at the time. Tough lesson for her. Hell, it was tough on me.

Kbeitz

Trimming Christmas trees....
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Martha White Nelson

I was in college, and was also tutoring disadvantaged adults that were going to college.  I was in the office where the TV was, and we were watching.  It was so sad.
Martha

Thank You Sponsors!