iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is my pump going/shot?

Started by logman81, February 04, 2016, 04:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

When I first got the machine I flush and put new oil in it. I think this pump was damaged way before I got the skidder. To me it looks as though someone tried to fix the problem by installing new rotors at one point. Time for a new pump. I may even remove the valve bank and have it rebuilt.
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

Well ordered a new prince pump 13 gpm  should fix the problem.

logman81

Hopefully my problems are over and the pump was the issue I feel it was. Will know in a few days.

timberlinetree

With a new pump that would be like a new machine! Its no fun having to rev to streer or raise the blade. Good luck with the fix and filter install.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

logman81

Thanks I slammed a bunch of timber to the ground today to get ahead a little. I should have the pump by Thursday and be up and running by Friday morning.

finding the trail

When figuring the total cost of the pump,  include your lost production.    Ouch.   

logman81

Yes a little lost production. I'll make up for it once I'm back up and running.

47sawdust

If a person were to worry about lost production due to breakdowns they might not get out of bed in the morning.If you are going to own machinery you are going to have breakdowns.Just hope to get up and running again in a timely manner and forget about it.Good service habits and preventative maintenance help but there are always surprises.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

logman81

Yup I don't worry to much about it. It comes with owning equipment but I usually don't have a break down cause I always do a pre and post check of all my equipment every day.

logman81

Got the new pump, I'll be installing it tomorrow. 

beenthere

Get a filter too?
Pump does look good.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

logman81

Back up and running thanks for the help everyone!

chep

Glad you  are up and running.
But did you take any of the wise words passed on and install  a filter into your system?
Contamination is to easy, and you would be throwing  MO ey away  by not putting in a simple filter

logman81

Thanks chep, I'm down once again with a flat tire. Ordered a new one and will be back up and running once again by late tomorrow. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck!

logman81

Dealing with more issues with the machine. Got a flat tire in the rear and had to order a new one. Went to take the wheel and tire off and a previous owner for some stupid reason welded the the inside of the wheel to the hub. So I have to have a tire guy come to change out the old tire for new one. Then went to start the machine up to move it for better access the starter literally exploded broke the nose of the starter in a few pieces and broke the other end to never a starter do that! Put a lot of money into this machine in the last three weeks not to mention the lost production it's cost me. Beginning to think I should send it packing but where am I going to find another machine this size. I'm stuck!

Plankton

I know exactly what your talking about. I  went through the same thing with my skidder last two weeks literally one thing after another 4 different problems. Think about it this way unless you buy brand new you'll have to work out all the little things you've already done to yours on an unfamiliar machine.

Keep on trucking you'll get it pulling wood for you soon.

logman81

Yeah I've thought about a new Awassos mini skidder but at 100k it isn't in the budget so I'm just going to keep fixing the issues and run it!

coxy

I feel your pain  but look at it this way by the time your done it will be almost new and you know what you have  :-\ ??? new junk brakes down too and a hell of a lot more money to fix and most of it you or i cant do anyway with out a computer  :) :)

logman81

How true and that is why I'm just going to keep fixing what's wrong with it and eventually the problems will be fixed.

Logger RK

Speaking of new Eq. I'd heard a guy with a newer CTL machine changed a computer on his machine. A week later it burned. I told The Boys maybe it had the terminator chip in it? It calculates payment/production & wood price & took  the only way out? 8)

Corley5

I'm on my way out to put a new fuel lift pump on my harvester.  It started leaking fuel externally and then started sucking air so it wouldn't run right.  After that we need to put the jib cylinder back on the Franklin forwarder.  It developed a crack around the base of the barrel and was spraying a mist of oil.  It had been poorly welded more than once before and required a lot of grinding to get it back to parent metal to get a good weld.  I think that's all that needs fixing today.  Something else will require attention shortly for sure  :)
  The joys of running old woods equipment ;D :)  Still better than having to support new stuff.  That's what I keep telling myself anyway  ;D :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

David-L

Had to pull the fan hub bearing today on the Cummins. Was starting to growl at me all the time. Always something. when I use to be into animal husbandry, cattle, sheep, goats. my motto was if you have live animals you will have dead ones eventually to. If you own equipment you"ll have broke equipment to. always hope for the best on breakdowns. good luck logman.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

logman81

Well thanks for cheering me up guys. All is well and back up and running, even better than when I first got it. Eventually it will be a like new machine. Still really like this skidder so I'm hanging on to it.

Thank You Sponsors!