iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

El Tigre

Started by mesquite buckeye, February 04, 2016, 11:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Thought you might enjoy this one. Video shot in the Santa Rita Mountains 25 miles south of  Tucson. These used to range as far north as the Grand Canyon as late as the 1950's. They are quite rare now. Scary guy to run into while out on a hike with the yappy little lapdog.

Livin' in the Wild Wild West. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

crtreedude

We have them down here in Costa Rica - beautiful animals.

We have a black jaguar in one of our plantations which comes out of the national park in the evenings, or so I am told.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Raider Bill

I've already received a email that this very same cat was spotted in Tenn. :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

Here is a YouTube video of the AZ cat caught on tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTC8XdViC5s
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mesquite buckeye

Thanks for posting the video. I was too lazy to find it. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

I read about that in my paper.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

Nice to see but I bet he's lonely. I think I heard or read about him over a year ago. Surprised he has hung around alone that long. Hope he does well and behaves and stays out of trouble. I understand they are the 3rd largest big cat behind the tiger and the lion.

As to the black jaguar - I understand there are no such things as true black panthers. They are the black phase of leopard in Africa or black phase jaguars in South/Central America. While not common apparently they are not that rare either.

Closest I ever came to a jaguar was fresh tracks at a muddy salt lick in Ecuador along a tributary of the Amazon. In Africa we saw several leopards in various game parks and once while trekking in Central Africa we came back and found fresh leopard tracks in our tracks along a small stream.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

mesquite buckeye

There have been several recorded sightings throughout the period I have been in Arizona. There was one called Macho B that ended up dead after some government employees made several bad decisions. One of them ended up convicted of endangered species law violations. Maybe 30 years ago a hunter shot one down near the border and got in big trouble. We are at the northern end of their range in AZ.

terry f

edkemper

No Jaguars but we do have regular 'ol Mountain lions. There are so many, hunting season is 365 days per year. The first one I saw ran across a local mountain highway in front of us. They are regular visitors at our property. Along with Bobcats and Badgers. Love the country.
Old Man

Thank You Sponsors!