iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winch sizing for Kubota M6040

Started by Old Dog, February 03, 2016, 03:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

enigmaT120

Quote from: AfraidChocker on March 09, 2016, 01:49:22 PM

I pull from the attachment bar and not the cable, ....

Can you guys clarify what you mean by pulling from the attachment bar?  You're still pulling with the cable, aren't you?

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

47sawdust

enigma,
The base of the winch frame has a series of slots for attaching individual chokers.Mine has 4.You pull your hitch up to the butt plate,release your cable and hook your choker in the slot.This way you are pulling on the winch not the cable.Sometimes I use both depending on the log size.Hope this helps.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Old Dog

Yes - like Sawdust said.   Here's a photo that shows 2 on the bar and one on the cable.

g_man - thanks for the tip on stretching out the cable.  I will give that a go.

thecfarm

I pull from my cable. I pulled ALOT of 3 foot white pine with the cable, even a few bigger than 3 feet. I have a Norse.
I also run 6 chockers. Somtimes I use all six,small stuff,and sometimes I only use one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

enigmaT120

Quote from: 47sawdust on March 14, 2016, 01:32:21 PM
enigma,
The base of the winch frame has a series of slots for attaching individual chokers.Mine has 4.You pull your hitch up to the butt plate,release your cable and hook your choker in the slot.This way you are pulling on the winch not the cable.Sometimes I use both depending on the log size.Hope this helps.

Oh, I see.  Thanks, and thanks Olddog for the picture.
Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

Thank You Sponsors!