iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What size blade should i run?

Started by Bambam1976, February 03, 2016, 03:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bambam1976

I am in the process of a build and i have gone about as far as i can with out a blade. I know how long but not sure on what width 1"1/4 or 1"1/2 to order. I am going to order one from cooks just so i can start tuning it in. It is a home made with 14" trailer tires and a 8 hp honda pulley driven belt. I am mainly going to be cutting smaller pines maybe 18" in dia at the most.
Don't have a sig

drobertson

sounds like you might just need 1-1/4" wide, they should work just fine,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sawmilljoe

With that size motor I would go with 1.25 with 7% .  The tires will take a lot of your power.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Bambam1976.  Adding your location to your profile helps with questions.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!