iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

yukon style cabinets

Started by yukon cornelius, February 02, 2016, 08:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Shower walls with roofing is the new trend .
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Raider Bill

Hmmm, didn't know that. Saw some in Costa Rica years ago and liked the look.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Peter Drouin

Did you put a sealer on the tin to keep the rust from getting on the counter?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

21incher

They look fantastic. You seem to be blessed with a great supply of cedar. On a show I was watching ( I think it was Barnwood Builders ) They visited a artist that made table tops from that old weathered siding. It was hand hammered flat with reclaimed wood for bases. They were really high end pieces and sold for big bucks. Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see your wall cabinet design. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

samandothers

You do great work fast!  Looks very nice.

sawwood

Great looking natural tops Yukon. I like the looks of the cabinets but the wife said to many places to collect dust.
Will be glad to see them when I come down the 27th.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

yukon cornelius

I don't have any pics of the shower but I will try to get some. It isn't really much to see. Concrete floor in the whole house with a drain in the floor for the walk in shower stall corrugated metal floor to ceiling 3 walls.

I didn't put anything on the walls but we scrubbed all the loose off we could.

I didn't know it was the trend but it is what we like. Easy and functional.
I am really hard headed and stubborn but I build just what I like. :D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

plowboyswr

Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

hackberry jake

You can start on my place next
;D
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

tule peak timber

What did you use on the outside of your home ?  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

yukon cornelius

We have gone with an unfinished style lol! Plywood sheathing with a single coat of house wrap. I don't know what I will use when we get there. I keep changing my mind. I go from oak shingles to cedar half logs to live edge lap siding to board and Barton. Idid a trial section on one part of the house but I don't know if I will continue it

yukon cornelius

Raider Bill

I put cedar shakes on 1 end of mine and would never do it again. Every wood bore bee in the area get's under them.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LaneC

Those are beautiful cabinets and some fine work.
Man makes plans and God smiles

Farmerjw

I put green metal on the roof and white metal on the sides.  Do I need to mention I hate painting! :o
Premier Bovine Scatologist

beenthere

I grew up and often stayed in the "upstairs" unfinished attic of grandma's place that had corrugated metal roofing. Grandpa insisted on it, and in about 10 years or so, there were pinholes that leaked. Every rain, grandma (in her 80's) would get up there and set pots and pans all around to catch the drips.
Sleeping up there was great when it was raining.. the pitter patter of the rain on the roof and the drip, drip, silence, drip, drip to the different tunes sounding out in the different pans was "music" of sorts. Good sleeping music.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

cbla

Those cabinets are gorgeous!

lowpolyjoe

Love that live edge cedar  :) 

Great stuff

Thank You Sponsors!