iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well I have seen it all now.

Started by customsawyer, February 01, 2016, 08:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Was working at the mill here at my house, waiting on a customer to bring some more logs. It was rather warm out today as it got up to 78°. So I took a little break to get a drink of water and check the time to see how close to 5pm it was. Well as I am getting my drink I look up and this is what I saw walking toward me. I sure wish someone could tell me why when I crop and rotate than save the pic it don't save. All I can say is turn your heads boys.  :D

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

i thought mm might want to crisp it  :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

WDH

You rotated that pic so much that you are now Down Under :D :D.   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I can see the menu now;  Emu and Grits.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ocklawahaboy

How'd that thing survive hunting season?

samandothers

Magicman

customsawyer

Danny should we quarter saw it first before throwing on the grill.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Quotequarter saw it first
First, I would git dem feathers off.   :o

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Y'all not trying to replace the Goat are you?

bat_smailey
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What are y'all serving at the Sycamore Project this year?  :D

thecfarm

I almost got one of them years ago. Easier than goats,no rubber bands needed.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DR_Buck

So where did it come from?   I'm guessing they're not roaming wild down there, or are they?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

WDH

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 01, 2016, 08:24:58 PM
I am emmune to your jokes.  :D

Now that is funny, I don't care who you are  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

www.thecustomsawyer.com

gfadvm

"Emu, the other red meat". At least that's how it's marketed. Haven't tried it yet. When the emu market crashed, many people just turned em loose. Maybe they are reproducing in Ga. The eggs are safe from coyotes and coons as the males protect the nest VERY aggressively. (my brother raised these before the market for them crashed).

An FYI: Their eggs look EXACTLY like an avocado!

customsawyer

This one escaped from a neighbor. He was chasing him around with a 20 gauge. Had one a couple of years ago that tried to kill him and came fairly close so he wasn't messing around. 
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Ocklawahaboy

Custom sawyer and his emu are both outstanding in their field.

Logger RK

So here's my emu story. Brother The Farmer brings 2 back from a livestock sale. On the way back he call's me asks if I want 2 butcher some birds. Why not I figure. Gets back & I check them out & no way eat that. Bad smelling birds. So he try's penning them up & of coarse they get out overnight. Then the brother tells me once the guy loaded them in he tells him don't let them get lose & never approach from the front or they can rip your guts out with the long claws on the feet. And also they'll kill dogs. So next day the hunt was on. Take no prisoners. I see them 1/4 away,brother has 30.06 with scope. Shots 3 times. 2nd shot sounded like it hit,but it crosses a one wire fence & goes in thick woods. We go look. He hit a steel T Pole for the fence. I'm giving bro hard time about missing,he say he was aiming for the head :D So the next day I'm out on my wheeler with 22 rifle with open sites.Both emu r in corner of field. I get around 100 feet away. I'm aiming for the head shot & pull trigger & both hit the ground. I didn't notice the second one was standing about 10 feet behind the fisrt & when I was aiming at it the other must've been looking right in line with the other.  If u even seen a chicken with its head cut off u times that buy about 100. I dont  know how they butcher them but they sure had powerful legs. I did get my picture with both birds  & The Old Marlin 22. I still think my kids figure it wasn't a 2 in 1 shot,but it was. :D 8)

Ocklawahaboy

What's that old saying?  I read it on the internet so it must be true....    I believe you...

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Thank You Sponsors!