iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for volunteer firefighters

Started by ElectricAl, October 15, 2004, 08:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricAl

Some of you may know I was a volunteer fire fighter for 9 years. I had to resign when we moved our sawmill business out of that jurisdiction ::). It's only 3 miles but rules are rules.

Anyway got a call from my old Chief, they got a FEMA grant for new Air Packs.
Chief asked if I could find a "Needy" volunteer fire service that need a few nice  Air Packs.

What's up for grabs:

8 to 12 MSA Ultra Lite or Ultra Lite II  complete systems
Few Scott 2a  complete systems
Few spare steel 30 minute tanks

The only expense is freight.

We want to help the neediest departments first, but anyone can get their name on the list.

No government red tape here !!!!!!!

Get the volunteers packin' right away 8)

Send me a FF IM    

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

chet

We have a very small department just across the border from us in Wisconsin that definately falls into the needy catagory. We just donated an old pumper to them a couple of years ago. It is now their front line pumper. I doubt very highly if they have any air pack equipment.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ElectricAl

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

MM

Wow. you cann't be on the FD if you live out of the area? I've been a member of a VFD for 10 years now. We take people in the next townships and have a few about 10 miles away in the next town. Just so long they put time in at the station. We're getting to the point that us active members cann't keep up. Twenty years ago here, most were farmers. Now it's most work in town. It really bears hard on us that are self employed. They think we should do more because were are self employed. I keep track of the hours I put in at the FD. emergencys and non. Last time I added it was around 800 this year. Still have a couple months to go. Sure would like to find the fund to hire a few full timers.
M.L. Morrow
812/614-1825

Kirk_Allen

MM:
Must be nice.  

The gravel road to our east (300 yards) is the boundery line for Grandview, IL vol FD.  I was told I cant join there because Im on the wrong side of the road.  

The kicker for this is that Grandview FD is exactly 9/10ths of a mile from my house.  They told me to join the Kansas FD, which is the town I live in, however the station is 6 miles from our place.

Makes little sense.  I guess for now I will keep cutting logs ;D although I am dying to get back on with a department.  This move has eaten every spare minute.  

Kirk

Thank You Sponsors!