iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deadliest job interview

Started by Jeff, January 29, 2016, 09:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

New episode of a new show coming on at 10 est on Discovery tonight. About trying out for the Sanoma tree climbers. Looks like it might be interesting
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

jtmccallum

Just flipped over to Gold Rush.  I'll check it out.
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm watching it now. Right off the bat the caving has got my interest.
Thanks for the alert Jeff.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Brian_Weekley

No spelunking for me--a little case of claustrophobia.  That's going to give me nightmares being stuck in that cave.
e aho laula

Logger RK

I'm wondering if anyone has watched The Mountain Men show on the history channel? I seen first year & part of the second,then my dest top computer quit. Wonder how Marty's doing on there? We were friends in high school,that many years ago. He taught me how to trap beaver back then.  He's a Real Good Guy. He used to have a saw mill back in the day. Probly still does. Looking at them cabins he made on his trap line he's pretty good builder also. If there any logger's up that way that know Marty,tell him I said Hi. And answer his phone once in awhile.💪👍😎 (just incase he's on this forum,he'll like that first emoji)

Jeff

Sorry to say, those phone emojis do not work on here. You need to use the forum's for them to display.

I like Mountain Men and Marty is my favorite on there. He seems to be the real deal while some of the others, not so much.

isawlogs

Marty and Tom Oar are two of my favorites on that show, Eustace is interesting. scary at times, but yet interesting because of his way of work.

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WH_Conley

I saw the other day where the zoning people were on Eustace for something about a violation because he ran a school teaching people to be self sufficient or something to that effect. I thought he was far enough out in the boonies and had enough land that he was his own zone.
Bill

Dave Shepard

Quote from: Brian_Weekley on January 29, 2016, 10:34:46 PM
No spelunking for me--a little case of claustrophobia.  That's going to give me nightmares being stuck in that cave.

I don't think it is correct classify it as claustrophobia. It is a very rational fear of being stuck in a confined space. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Cedarman

20" high crawlway is a tall crawlway.  A tight crawlway is when you have to exhale to move a few inches forward each time.  10" is getting tight.  Some small cavers can go through a 7" high tight space, but usually only a foot or two long.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Logger RK

Good to know about the emojis not working from my phone. Apparently I was the only one seeing the thumbs up & smiley face with sunglasses  on there. Thanks.

isawlogs

I ain't to found of tunnels ....  Let alone little ones. Almost turned around in WV when I go to them hills and road went through the mountain ... :o :o :o
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

So that's what all those little squares are,emojis from a phone.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timberlinetree

Sometimes I wish we had cable access!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: isawlogs on January 31, 2016, 08:16:21 AM
I ain't to found of tunnels ....  Let alone little ones. Almost turned around in WV when I go to them hills and road went through the mountain ... :o :o :o

ISAW,

I have to drive through those regularly. One is the state line (enter in WV, come out in VA). At least ours are concrete lined. When I worked in Norway they had lots of tunnels and they just blast a hole and leave all kinds of projections hanging down and on the side which look like will fall on you or you will sideswipe. (They also like to put speed cameras on them - 30 to 40 K overspeed = $1,000 fine, ask me how I know!).

I also do not like tight spaces especially after spearing a nice snapper in one in the Red Sea when working there. Went in after him, got hung up, had to shed my gear and do an uncontrolled buoyant ascent to the service (have to blow air out all the way up to keep from blowing up your lungs) many years ago. I have coal miner neighbors who say they worked 26" shafts - not me!

Yes, Eustace runs a school there on Turtle Island. I think his big debt he used to talk about all the time was a law suit where a lesson in using a sling went bad and he or one of his students put out another students eye with big settlement.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Dave Shepard

Quote from: logger RK on January 30, 2016, 09:40:09 PM
Good to know about the emojis not working from my phone. Apparently I was the only one seeing the thumbs up & smiley face with sunglasses  on there. Thanks.

I could see them on the phone, but not on the PC.

cedarman, we have cavers that come to our farm and explore. They do what they call, I think, Class 5 surveys. We have the 4 longest in MA, almost 400 feet long. One of them puts a lot of pics on his FB page of the different caves he is developing. Sometimes I can't look at them. :o :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SLawyer Dave

If I could just watch the segments on Marty and Tom, I would love the show.  Those two really seem to live the life they want, no matter the obstacles they face.

SwampDonkey

I can see them phone emoticons here, but I probably have fonts that have those characters. I see smilies and thumbs. I think that is how they are displayed here anyway, as a font. There is no link anywhere.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Logger RK

The one I figured Marty would get a kick out of was a emoji of a arm. We used to pull once in awhile. Now if I use the forum ones they don't look on my screen like there showing. 8). That's the dancing sunglasses guy. I c a 8 with a parentheses. Maybe others see the dancing guy?  These are for the phone users then I guess👌👍😎 (If parentheses is spelled wrong I blame my Bride cause she told me the spelling)

Logger RK

Guess I can see the dancing guy once it's posted. Is there more then the one row above this screen to choose from?

SwampDonkey

There is a link [More] below it on the left.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Jeff, why can I see his phone emogies on here... 💪👍😎.....   ???

Marcel

Jeff

The Forestry Forum database in not utf8mb4 which is needed for those phone emojis which are 4 byte Unicode characters that will not display correctly here.. Ours is utf8.  I don't know everything to know about it, so not sure why they will display on some systems and not others. Probably due to the browser support for Unicode characters

So, it can be annoying for members that can't see them, and that is most of them, when someone insists on using them. There are no problems when one uses the emoticons provided by the forum.

isawlogs

Love it when you talk chinese.  :P

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!