The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Any runners on here?  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Coach

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
Re: Any runners on here?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 10:51:21 am »
After the hockey season is over, I'm going to start training for a 10K.  Been doing that the last 3 years, find it does me good, joints and heart.  I'm never going to beat that 4 miles in 26 minutes Bert mentions above.  That's a fast pace.  I'm more in the 8.5 minutes/mile clip.  Legs too short i guess  :D :D

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Green's Sawmill Services
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 12:58:54 pm »
   I commend all of you runners out there. Pretty much quit after left USMC. When I was stationed at Parris Island I once entered a super 500 there where I ran 500 miles in 90 days in =/+ 3 mile increments. Got a T-shirt and a certificate. (Wouldn't do that again). Furthest I ever ran was 15 miles a time or two. Fastest was about 20:18 for 3 miles. Never was a real fast runner.

Once ran a 10K at MCLB Albany Ga and my JAG lawyer buddy was sniping at me from behind and I told him if going to complain had to do it in front so he paced me last mile. We sprinted to the end and I beat him to the finish by one step. After which I stopped running and he trotted to the table and picked up the number ahead of me so they listed us as the same finish time but him ahead of me. (And you wonder why people hate lawyers!)

I ran a 7.7 mile bridge run in Beaufort SC and a real attractive young lady passed me at the 2 mile mark. I couldn't allow that so passed her back then at  the 3 mile mark she passed me again. I enjoyed the view for several miles thinking at end I'd just sprint past her. At about the 6 mile mark she kicked it in gear and I haven't seen her since. She'd probably already showered and changed when I got to the finish line. It was a humbling experience.

Those days are long gone and now only time I run is when I mis-gage cutting a big tree.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Offline Andy White

• In Memoriam
  • I'm not so new anymore!!
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 01:33:12 pm »
Like WVSawmiller, I( was in great shape, and could run all day when I got out of the USMC. Stayed that way for a while, then fell into the work-a-day routine . A few knee injuries, and surgeries ,and forty years later, I can't run out of sight in three days!!!  Ok tho, I'll still get there!!      8) 8) 8)    Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.