iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Accuset 2 manual

Started by Seavee, January 29, 2016, 08:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seavee

I have a delivery date of March 9th for my mill and would like to be studying the Accuset manual. Does anyone have a pdf of it. Sure would be nice learning while I'm waiting
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

terrifictimbersllc

Call WM, they're open now, 800-553-0182, technical support, and ask for one to be emailed to you. I'm sure they will.   A relative is looking at a used LT-70 and they kindly emailed me, during the phone call,  several manuals  so he could have more knowledge about it.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Seavee

That was quick. Within a 20 minute span I have all the manuals for the mill. Thanks terrific.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

drobertson

Its' been a while since I've looked at the manual,, but it seems like it was confusing, but once you start hitting the buttons and watching the head reaction it starts making sense.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Seavee on January 29, 2016, 08:25:54 AM
That was quick. Within a 20 minute span I have all the manuals for the mill. Thanks terrific.
Happy to hear. Just when you thought you were going to do something else this morning.  :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Seavee

lol lol lol No Kidding.  I better get back on track.
Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on January 29, 2016, 08:51:34 AM
Quote from: Seavee on January 29, 2016, 08:25:54 AM
Happy to hear. Just when you thought you were going to do something else this morning.  :)

Kipper

March 9th will be here before you know it. I agree with drobertson though, reading the manual seemed to work for me when I couldn't get the buttons to do what I wanted.  ::)

I think one of the best things that helped me was the DVD set they offer and watching youtube video's.

Cant wait to see the new machine!
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

Seavee

Thanks Kipper. I was in Sville the other day thought of you. I need to stop by and say hi. I was thinking about ordering the DVD set but wasn't sure if it was worth it.

Kipper

I will let you borrow it. I just have to find it... :-\

LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

drobertson

I'm pretty sure You will like having the Accuset 2, lots of functions and combinations to work with,, Always keep in mind having the head properly calibrated, and using the proper kerf setting.  From there it is pretty much a cake walk operating, if only the logs would behave ;D  logs that bow and react will work the patience.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

4x4American

Before I picked up my mill I watched bibby's video he put about it on youtube about 5-6 times over the course of a few weeks and it really helped me and the WM rep when it was time for him to do training. 

Here it is:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S1mzRYJ1vHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here's a neat trick some fool posted on youtube:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PKZlshCpnDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boy, back in my day..

Kbeitz

What language was that ???
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

terrifictimbersllc

You can put it into Russian, Polish , Spanish if you want just remember you better know that language if you want to put it back!!!

Dave Shepard

I think I have Portuguese as well. :D

4x4, where you describing an Accuset feature, or were you trying to auction something? :D :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 29, 2016, 08:36:13 PM
I think I have Portuguese as well. :D

4x4, where you describing an Accuset feature, or were you trying to auction something? :D :D

Well it depends, would you buy it?   :D
Boy, back in my day..

drobertson

While this thread is going I'm going to throw this one out there,, any tips and tricks on using the Accuset?  like ways we use it?  or is it just going to be a mystery? and left to be figured out, and then kept a secret.. just a thought,,

Kbeitz

I was talking about the fool on youtube...

And here's a neat trick some fool posted on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PKZlshCpnDM
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

4x4American

Accuset II is a really awesome setworks, once you get the hand of it, you will just be tickled pink with it, I'm sure.
Boy, back in my day..

thechknhwk

Just gotta remember what side of the cant you're on, the board side or the board width side.

terrifictimbersllc

Wait till the band clears the cant, before hitting auto down for the next cut.  Or you'll be sorrrrrrry.  ::)

After you finish sawing up a cant in set to bed mode, get out of that mode before you start edging.   Very annoying otherwise, you will think it is posessed. 

You get 16 auto down settings, and 16 set to bed patterns.  Four under each of the selector buttons 1, 2, 3, and 4.  Develop a strategy of most common settings that you can leave in there and know where they are.   If you want a new setting or pattern for just one log modify one of your stock ones that is easiest to change, but don't save it.   When you turn off the engine it will reset to your stock one.

Probably don't want to push the down arrow while you're sawing, like Boomhauer there does in the above video.  :D

MartyParsons

Hello,
I did not review the video. So this may be on there.

• If you want to hit an exact whole # just say you want to be at 10" and you are at 10 3/16" push the white arrow down and the saw head will lower to 10 ". (Only in manual mode)  If you are over 10.5" it will go to 11" or the closest whole number in inches.

• If you are sawing the day or job all the same thickness set # 1 program to that thickness. Reason every time cycle the key switch and push Pattern your setting will be at 1. It takes less than a min to change the pattern. ( this may be for persons over 50 years of age).

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

4x4American

Boomhauer, thats it! 

Been trying to remember that for awhile now!
Boy, back in my day..

thechknhwk

Thanks for the down arrow tip Marty.

Thank You Sponsors!