iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log truck took a break today

Started by starmac, January 29, 2016, 02:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starmac

She just laid right over on her side with a full load on and said NO more. lol
I had to leave her 22 miles in on the log road, will be saturday before I get her stood back up.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

LeeB

Glad to see you managed to walk away from it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

thecfarm

That is too bad. How fast was you going??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandsawmill14

glad your are ok and able to  :D about it  because  :'( about only makes your nose run and eyes water   ;D dont help a thing  :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

starmac

cfarm, this was a high speed deal, I was in the low side, so probably around 15 mph. lol
It did seem like it sped up once the first wheel dropped off the road. lol
And I might as well laugh about it, crying would not help anyway. This type of thing is a matter of when, not if anyway, it is just a matter of staying ahead in the game.

tj240

At least you walked away equipment can be replaced.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

lopet

We all get those days, they're sucks  but part of the game.   You made it out there ok and you can tell the story, that's all what matters.

Wondered what kinda truck you're talking about, so I went to your gallery and couldn't find a pic.

Would be interesting to see how you get her back up again.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

dgdrls

didn't happen, no pictures!

Glad you are OK,

Dan

red

Maybe sign up for Ice Road Tracking ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

starmac

I have run the road called the ice road on TV for several years, but that is in my freight truck, actually run some real ice roads too. lol

I don't do pictures, but apparently my son put 19 pictures of my crippled truck on face book and I have been getting calls from all over the country.

My log truck is what I have always called a western long log rig. It just pulls a traler with a set of bunks and extendable reach, hauling (or trying) to haul 53 footers at the time.

Thank You Sponsors!