The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

The Largest Inventory of Used Chainsaw Parts in the World

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Comstock Logging

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Timber King 2500 vs WM LT70 Super Wide  (Read 2679 times)

Offline footer

• I need to edit my profile!
Re: Timber King 2500 vs WM LT70 Super Wide
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 11:06:08 am »
Well, the thing is on Order and is supposed to be about 6 weeks out. Will start adding pictures and such once it arrives. Will Baugh from Woodmizer Missouri is going to deliver it and do the set up / training once its done getting built.

Offline mjl_2007

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 11:12:53 am »
I run a Super 70 wide with all the support equipment. Bought it last fall. It's had a couple hiccups, but Wood-Mizer has been excellent about getting it taken care of. I'd be happy to help answer any questions you might have.
Wood-Mizer Super 70 Wide stationary operation

Offline Cypress Man

• Full Member x2
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 08:23:13 pm »
I have  a two year old LT70 wide head dcs. It does not have the improved debarker design and it does not debark small diameter logs. Marty, do you know if WM will offer a upgrade kit to swap over to the new type?
LT70 wide head electric, IC5 Power conveyor, transfer table, Stop and Load Log Deck, Catapiller 360B Telehandler, Woodmizer twin blade edger, Logosol PH360 moulder, Extrema 26" Planner, Grizzly 16" dual conveyor resaw, Prentice 210D log loader

Offline chardin

• Member*
  • I'm new!
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 08:57:09 am »
I recently purchased a timberking 2200 the machine is solid I checked the design and build of all I could look at timberking, cook, woodmizer and having engineering back ground 26 years I know quality welds and dependable engineering and timberking surpasses the competition though the others are quality. As for the 2500 formerly the 2400 I would have one had the cost been lower the kubota diesel engines just sip fuel.  I do like the debarker new design much better mine is belt drive works great just a little long