iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tough day

Started by Bruno of NH, January 28, 2016, 02:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Today would have been my Dads 79th birthday he pased of cancer 6 years ago on the 25 of January . This year I'm having a tough time with it , kind of feeling alone .When I was younger we didn't always see eye to eye but the last ten years of his life a lot better .He was a bricklayer and didn't want me to work in the trades but I did anyway . As I get older I realize I'm a lot more like him than I thought . When I built my house 11 years ago he was there every day to help . The last masonry job he did was my two flue chimney and stone work . We did it together . When I did a job in the town he lived in he would walk over every day and wise crack me and my workers , we liked it .
He had a saying , work it's like a sport .
Live life it's just a sport .
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

jwade

sorry that you are feeling down bruno. trite as it may sound at least you know he is looking down on you and in a better place. you will never forget those memories. hope you get to feeling better bro. god bless you.

Chuck White

My Mom always said (at times like this) "You'll never get over it, it just gets a little easier to live with as time goes by".

The Forestry Forum is a good thing, not only for the info available, but for all the shoulders to lean on!

Hang in there Bruno!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Roxie

It's a lonelier feeling when grief hits years down the road.  When the grief was fresh, everyone understood and offered comfort.  We begin to expect the intense feelings to subside with time, but that seldom happens.  Telling someone of your pain and loneliness is step one in hanging on till it passes.  It's an honor for us that you chose to share that with us.  We really do care. 
Say when

coxy

well said       and yes the FF does care  its a great place to share feelings  I do it from time to time  hope you feel better

1styear

I was just thinking of my father and was asking him of what he thought of my adventures. He past away over 10 years ago.
Know just enough to be dangerous.

Peter Drouin

Just remember Bruno [bricklayers] are tough guys, and I'm sure he was.
So think of the thing he did that no regular man could do.
So tip a beer to the tough man.
I bet he could put in a 1000+ bricks a day easy.  smiley_beertoast
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

samandothers

Those days seem to continue to come and go.  I'll think about my dad who passed over 10 years ago and be kinda blue, but then I'll think of those things we did or he said that make me smile.  I share those saying with my kids.  I do find myself doing or saying things and thinking 'that sounds like something dad would say or do'.  I catch my brothers doing same and call them by his name. 

thecfarm

I bet I say something my father would say just about every day,be it right or wrong.  ;D  He passed away about 18 years ago. I know he is happy with what I have done here with the rocks and the woods. He never got to see my house. But the sawmill he looked at with me many times. He never saw me buy it,but we looked at it many times. He grew up around the circle sawmill,some powered by water only in the spring times.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tmarch

My Dad and I talk every day even tho he's been gone over 10 years. 
Do it like he did or would want you to and if you're lucky like I am when you look in the mirror he's looking back.
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Logger RK

Being that My Fathers been gone 30 years this last January 2nd I under stand how you feel. I'll sometimes have a few Old Milwaukee's(it was Dad's favorite,now mine)& put Ted Nugget,Fred Bear on. And think of the Good Old Days. Cause Logger's Don't Cry,they just get saw dust in there eyes sometimes🍻👍😎

yukon cornelius

Bruno, my dad and I never saw eye to eye either. For us though it never has gotten better. His dad was an alcoholic when he was young and he had it pretty bad because of that and other circumstances. My dad has never gotten over his childhood. He is just too hard to be around. I just had to give him up. For me, I can say I love him now. I stay away because I worry the next time he has a fit I may not be able to. When he passes i will just be happy for him to be out of his own turmoil. I am very glad you were able to patch things up with your dad. Now just try to be the dad that your kids will miss. That is my goal!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Bruno of NH

Thanks Folks for all the kind words . It helped a lot .
Just had a hard slug of it the last 6 months or so . But it will get better I hope .
Thanks again!
Jim/Bruno
My Dad gave me the nickname of Bruno :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!