iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Propac 453 Delimber.

Started by BargeMonkey, January 27, 2016, 10:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

So I think my 693C is headed down the road, I haven't ran it much and want something a little easier to move. I found a 150 Hitachi in MI for sale, for the kind of price I like.  :D. It's got a 453 propac on it, no topping saw.  Anyone have anything good to say about propac limbers ? I've bought a pile of hemlock, and I'm wondering how this size limber holds up in 20-24" hemlock.

deastman

Propac limbers are tough and pretty much the industry standard here in  northern Maine, they are built just across the border in Quebec and parts are readily  available at most equipment dealers. That 150 is kind of light for a carrier,  all the ones up here are mounted on 200 or larger size rigs. That's pretty big hemlock for a rig that size but it may do ok,  but I would definitely want to try it out first. I've had limbers with and without topping saws and would never go back to one without a saw, just my opinion but with a topping saw it makes it a whole different machine that can limb hardwood too.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

BargeMonkey

Mine isn't gone after all.  :D.  Yeah I wondered if a 150 was a touch light, I've been delimber shopping the last few days, see a nice 320 with a propac up your way for sale. Going to have the mechanic go thru mine, add 2 new handles and I'm going to run the doors off it for a while.

Thank You Sponsors!