iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I found the FF to be . . . . .

Started by Darrel, January 27, 2016, 03:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

I have been a forum member here on FF and here are a few of my observations.

There are lots of old things here:
Sayings
Sawmills
Men
Goats
Etc.

A few new things
Sawmills
Dry kilns
Friends
Etc.

An abundance of knowledge, wisdom and experience.
Friendship & camaraderie.
Humor and an eagerness to spread the humor around in layers thick enough to require the use of muck boots
People who will go out of their way to make this world a better place.

Need I go on?

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

petefrom bearswamp

second the  sentiment.
I would post an emoji if I could figure out how to do it.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pabst79

I wholeheartedly agree!! A great place to be part of.  smiley_blue_bounce
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

thecfarm

a mighty fine group to be a part of.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

For givers and receivers.  Not takers.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

Quote from: thecfarm on January 27, 2016, 06:53:21 PM
a mighty fine group to be a part of.
im just glad you all still let me hang around 8)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

yukon cornelius

There is no other place like it. I am so glad I stumbled on it a few years ago.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Logger RK

I agree,it gets The Double Thumbs Up.👍👍 Its been very helpful & alot of good reading.Which brings back good memory's I almost forgotten. Thank's to all that got this going👌😎

Papa1stuff

I agree ,a great place to be ,I don't talk very much but I read and listen a lot!!! ;D 8) 8)
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

LeeB

You don't have to talk much to be able to hang around and be a part of the family. I've been here since not long after the beginning and still haven't gotten nearly as many posts as some of the more recent folks. Some people just yack more than others. That is truly one of the great things about this family.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

drobertson

It's good, real good, never know what's around the corner, from learning something new to laughing your rear off,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

May have even shed a tear or two, just glad you folks tolerate me (yet)  :).  I've come to the conclusion there's not a question that can be asked that someone here can't answer, about anything.

grweldon

It is a great place for information, humor, sharing of both information and experiences and just plain fun!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Cedarman

Bibbyman made me come here years ago.  Blame him.  Thanks Bibby.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Sixacresand

The FF is the main reason I keep an online account and bought a new laptop when I spilled ice on the old one. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Cedarman

Quote from: Sixacresand on January 28, 2016, 10:12:02 AM
The FF is the main reason I keep an online account and bought a new laptop when I spilled ice on the old one.
Spilling ice might be better than spitting coffee because of something hilarious. :D :D That's happened more than once.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Raider Bill

I came here in 2006 looking to learn about building a house. Built the house and never left.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Darrel

Quote from: Cedarman on January 28, 2016, 11:10:05 AM
Quote from: Sixacresand on January 28, 2016, 10:12:02 AM
Spilling ice might be better than spitting coffee because of something hilarious. :D :D That's happened more than once.

Spitting coffee is way more fun though. Especially when it comes out your nose! :D

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!