iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Talked to my bank yesturday

Started by Woodhauler, January 27, 2016, 06:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Just wanted to touch base about this decline in the woods business. He was out of the office going to augusta maine to a meeting on what to do about all the equipment that will be taking back by the banks!! They don't want it but are afraid its coming. They think around may/june is when the flood gates open. I will be ok as long as I can still haul 12-15 loads aweek. Weather is screwing me now. >:(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

jocco

No disputing what you said. What I find funny is when things get bad seems like nothing is for sale. Same in the agricultural world. Let the economy get good and stuff is for sale all over!!!!! puzzled :o ::)
You may check out but you will never leave

Hilltop366

There should be lots of gear around, my brother came back from Alberta just before christmas and was saying that Richie bros. auction there was the biggest ever they had to extend the equipment holding area to make room. With the high US dollar it was expected to be mostly heading that way.

repmma

Aside from the pulp market how is everything else holding up? 

Extended forecast looks miserable, makes for warm days ice fishing... if you have the ice!
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

Woodhauler

Quote from: repmma on January 27, 2016, 08:30:45 AM
Aside from the pulp market how is everything else holding up? 

Extended forecast looks miserable, makes for warm days ice fishing... if you have the ice!
Weather is holding me back!! And ice shack is on pond, will be hauling it home this weekend! Long range weather is crap. Banker was at forest counsel meeting in augusta, I talked to him today. Lots of wiggle room with him on guys with payments. If we lose one more mill they told him it will be a catostophic melt down in the industry!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

Going to be a melt down in every store in the state of Maine too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodhauler

Quote from: thecfarm on January 27, 2016, 05:35:58 PM
Going to be a melt down in every store in the state of Maine too.
Its going to be a very rough next few months for some! Lot of people will be on the job hunt. My sister in law and her husband took 5 trucks to Georgia to haul wood ! He has bought a mechanical operation done there now! Left 5-6 trucks up here for his son to run. All fairly new petes. He so far is doing good.

Jhenderson

I remember when I was young there was a field near Ft Kent full of woods equipment. Things were very slow in the woods.  My uncle told me it was all repossessed by the bank. They were holding everybody's machines until work was available. Show up with a contract and get your stuff back. The bank doesn't want equipment. They want payments. I guess it just kept it from getting lost.

lopet

I am afraid some of that  twenty years old ctl equipment will go straight to the wreckers or melters, because it costs way too much to operate.
Some tough times are coming !!!!
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

lopet

Quote from: Woodhauler on January 27, 2016, 06:36:14 AM
I will be ok as long as I can still haul 12-15 loads aweek. >:(

As long as you get paid.

Don't think up north we are in much better shape. 
Buddy of mine does custom work, combining , baling , wrapping etc.   He said even the dairy guys with tons of cash flow sometimes wait 90 days until they pay their bills. Bank comes first.              Borrowed money right to the roof and now with less income and less cash flow a lot of guys are getting in trouble.               Wondering where that goes.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

NWP

There are 2 trucks with walking floor trailers from Old Town Maine in the Kansas City area hauling mulch because it doesn't sound like they have the work up there.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

BargeMonkey

Is 12-15 lds a week hard to come up with to keep going ? Right now wagner could use 2-3 more trucks to haul, I have to schedule 1wk out for logs to be picked up they are so behind.

Woodhauler

Quote from: BargeMonkey on January 27, 2016, 10:00:22 PM
Is 12-15 lds a week hard to come up with to keep going ? Right now wagner could use 2-3 more trucks to haul, I have to schedule 1wk out for logs to be picked up they are so behind.
no, it is not. wheeler work is still good.

Thank You Sponsors!