iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

heating leftovers on manifold

Started by Mountaynman, January 26, 2016, 06:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mountaynman

anyone got a new container to reheat leftovers for lunch other than double wrapped foil know bunch of you have done it

sometimes in the buggy foil can break up there just wondering
Semi Retired too old and fat to wade thru waist deep snow hand choppin anymore

DaleK

Try the foil containers they use some places for takeout with the paper lids, they stand up better.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

snowstorm

there used to be a hot dog cooker for snowmobiles. never saw one just the adds for them

Mountaynman

dalnoek you talking bout like Chinese food containers I'm thinking not sure they wd fit between the manifold and turbo to ride for a trip have to look in  the morn tks hadn't thought of those

DaleK

Yeah there are smaller versions right down to about the size of a sandwich
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110

Mountaynman

have to chk them out lost most of my lunch tday too much brush bombin on that load I guess happened before though got my winter help now and on the throttle from 7 to 4 movin lots of wood hope u r too

sandsawmill14

take an aluminum pie pan and fold it around lunch and tie a piece of bailing wire around runner on manifold loose enough to get the lunch in then bend wire down to hold it. the pie pan and wire will last several days :)  crude but it works ;D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Mountaynman

usually put them up on top of manifold and valve cover most times its ok but they get rattlin around once in awhile and the foil breaks just tryin to see what others r doin  one trip in the buggy nice warm lunch woodchoppers microwave

Dave Shepard

I never found a copy of it, but there is a book called Manifold Destiny, I think, about cooking with your vehicle. From what I understand, it got pretty involved, like cooking turkeys and big stuff like that.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sandsawmill14

the easiest way for me is beanie weanies they will survive anything short of being run over by a tire  :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

DaleK

The book is on amazon, there are all kinds of recipe websites if you google manifold cooking or engine block cooking
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110

DaleK

The racks they sell for cooking burgers over campfires are handy too, or make a basket out of steel mesh
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110

Gearbox

On the old Cummins log truck I would put a can of classic chicken . Lay it down on the oil cooler unopened . After 50 miles lunch was served . Never got hot enough to bulge the can .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

tantoy

Search "hotdogger" was built for snowmobiles. Cooked many microwave burritos in mine. Sold snowmobile and have installed on other equipment with good results.
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

trapper

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 26, 2016, 08:19:11 PM
I never found a copy of it, but there is a book called Manifold Destiny, I think, about cooking with your vehicle. From what I understand, it got pretty involved, like cooking turkeys and big stuff like that.  :D
I got a copy of it.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

redprospector

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on January 26, 2016, 08:23:32 PM
the easiest way for me is beanie weanies they will survive anything short of being run over by a tire  :D

Actually...a can of beanie weanies can "explode" under the hood. Yeah, you know how I found that out.  :D
Never blew one up on the skidder though. Just under the hood of a dump truck.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

47sawdust

Are any of you guys allowed in the kitchen at home? :D :D
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Mountaynman

sure do cook all the time leftovers in the fall and winter are way better than a sandwich lunch was gd today no breakage of the foil my woman is gonna grab some of those foil containers they talked about a turn and a half on this job hr and a half has the food just right long buggy ride but gd wood and loading out of bunch piles make it work

sawguy21

I remember cooking wieners on the manifold, we stopped at a gas station to borrow the wire cutters we had forgotten to bring. The kid asked what we were doing and I told him lunch. The look on his face was priceless, he declined our offer to share. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

In college, we would "roast" our hot dogs with a short power cord.. Wrap the stranded wire ends to a couple 8d or 10d nails and stick in each end of the dog. Plug it in to 110 and watch it cook... quickly.
We were not permitted to have any kind of hot plate, toaster oven, microwave, popcorn maker or the like in the dorm. Only an electric clock and radio permitted. Didn't say anything about short power cords with loose ends. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Raider Bill

Quote from: beenthere on January 28, 2016, 01:01:16 PM
In college, we would "roast" our hot dogs with a short power cord.. Wrap the stranded wire ends to a couple 8d or 10d nails and stick in each end of the dog. Plug it in to 110 and watch it cook... quickly.
We were not permitted to have any kind of hot plate, toaster oven, microwave, popcorn maker or the like in the dorm. Only an electric clock and radio permitted. Didn't say anything about short power cords with loose ends. ;)

I'm surprised these things had been invented way back then.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!