iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

440A injectors

Started by tacks Y, January 25, 2016, 08:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacks Y

When I bought my 440a i found a bad injector, tip was cracked-part missing. I put one from a 276 cu in in it, it is a 219. I get some smoke and thinking I should replace all of the injectors. Has anyone bought the China ones from Ebay? This is a hobby machine for me, not run that much. If not China where JD? Thanks   

ohiowoodchuck

Have you thought about having them repaired. You could buy a new one and have the others rebuilt. Running one slightly larger injector won't hurt anything. Usually it's just a few thousands larger hole size on the nozzle. I use to do a lot of diesel truck pulling and the fuel system parts from china are junk period. I can give you the contact info for probably the best diesel fuel system repair shop in the lower 48.
Education is the best defense against the media.

tacks Y

Thanks Woodchuck. Don't like the smoke smell, but not sure this will cure it.  Tom

ohiowoodchuck

What kind of smoke are you getting, if your getting a lot of the blueish/grey haze you could try some cenpeco or standyane fuel additive. It will raise your cetane numbers and give you a better/complete burn.
Education is the best defense against the media.

Thank You Sponsors!